Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

53 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I was in my seat for Colts Cadets and did not leave until Blue Devils last note. I did not notice people leaving in droves when Boston Crusaders finished and the response to Blue Devils was hardly muted, especially during “Moon River” which merited a standing “o.” I’m a Boston fan who wanted and fully expected BAC to win but I have a lot of respect for BD, even when I don’t like the show. Personally I think the old everyone loves to hate the Blue Devils, at least the way it used to be, decreased after Crown won in 2013, especially with BD’s 2014 where everyone loved their show.

I guess I was in the wrong section because there was very little love for BD where I was sitting.  But that doesn’t stop me from showing my appreciation to all of the corps.  Great night for drum corps!

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Me an intellectual - do all that garbage during intermission and let the groups perform back to back

Yup... sorry, but Calgary Stampede and drum battles need to happen at the beginning and presentations during intermissions. We shouldn't be throwing wrenches into an already difficult task for these judges. Only J. Missing can handle this much adversity with grace and admiration.

• Haha 3

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

I doubt many of my fellow survivors have your stamina.

I wish I could be this way. I'm just too busy processing my confusing reactions to being in the environment again that I have to give myself the freedom to leave whenever I need to. Seeing as some survivors won't go to shows, I'm thankful I can enjoy even some of it again.

I try to give as much love to the corps as I can. But I go the extra mile for my house. I can understand when others do too.

Not arguing, just musing...

Everyone should be afforded that “baby-steps” approach when dealing with trauma caused in this case for you, by people in this activity. It’s how it also works in the “normal” “real world”. I wish you the best, and for your healing to continue🙏🫡

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

So like…

BD has the best overall production. Crusaders might be the cleanest. Crown has the best crowd engagement. Bluecoats have the most unique show. Vanguard has the best percussion book (and hornline choreography).

What a freakin year. Results are interesting, but it really doesn’t matter to me anymore. That was a treat! My favorite year of DCI since 2016.

I felt that Bloo had the best crowd response from where I was sitting.  Crown basically solicits a response due to the nature of the show.  The response for Bloo and BAC is more genuine. You are right though all these shows are great fun and I love having so many good shows to root for.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, frank4now said:

I felt that Bloo had the best crowd response from where I was sitting.  Crown basically solicits a response due to the nature of the show.  The response for Bloo and BAC is more genuine. You are right though all these shows are great fun and I love having so many good shows to root for.

It sounds like Bloo had a great response, I’d also throw phantom into that ring of hyping up the crowd, it’ll only be more evident the next two days. Very happy for both of them!

• Like 3

Did anyone else have audio issues during Bloo and only Bloo or was it just my theater? It didn't take away from the music, just made it sound a little static

Just now, frank4now said:

Not to mention they are all so different. Plus, Cadets are back, Blue Stars and Cavies are neck n neck and use the field completely different, Phantom and Mandarins are neck n neck and their show designs could not be more different, and 4 corps are fighting for 11th and 12th and none of them are a lock. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vidal28Rdg said:

It sounds like Bloo had a great response, I’d also throw phantom into that ring of hyping up the crowd, it’ll only be more evident the next two days. Very happy for both of them!

You are right. The crowd willed both Phantom and Troopers to move up tonight

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

i mean when you are a little bit cadets, a little bit of crown, and a little bit of others in a full staff overhaul it improves really quick.  I would bet nobody is on staff still from the Quixotic show.

Ryan George is.