Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

9 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

WHAT THE ###########

I don't mind seeing these little presentations or exhibitions to extend the intermission a bit,  but they shouldn't be in the middle of a block corps on such an important night.   That screws up the momentum of the whole show.

• Like 2

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

I doubt many of my fellow survivors have your stamina.

I wish I could be this way. I'm just too busy processing my confusing reactions to being in the environment again that I have to give myself the freedom to leave whenever I need to. Seeing as some survivors won't go to shows, I'm thankful I can enjoy even some of it again.

I try to give as much love to the corps as I can. But I go the extra mile for my house. I can understand when others do too.

Not arguing, just musing...

All good sister. You marched drum corps, I didn't, so your experiences will be different than mine. And reading your comments the last couple of months, you have been thru a lot in this activity, more than I will never know. 

I have just been a fan of drum corps since going to my first show in 1986 at the age of nine. Not mention growing up in California, we don't get many shows each season, so when drum corps is nearby, you go to every show, see every performance and take what you can get before the corps pack up and head east around the 4th of July lol. And this year has taken on a different meaning with my son marching now, watching him earn the silver medal the other night in open class, was just simply amazing. 

I just have so much respect for all these talented performers past and present. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On Phantom:

Phantom's not really a corps that sticks out in my mind (I'm so sorry if that's offensive, I really don't try to be rude ☹️) aside from a couple shows like Spartacus (duh) and Juliet. That aside, I think this is one of my new faves from Phantom. It combined my 2 favorite shows from them in a cool abstract style and wrapped it up all nicely in a ribbon (tarp?)

3 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

It's the sudden shuffle in content scores I'm curious about. When's the last show he judged with them all? Or is this the first full read in a while? If so, great, fresh ears are teaching us a lot.

I'm not questioning him. I don't have the ears. I'm just asking cause I'm curious.

Oh there are other people that called him deaf. Content is high when it's cleaner. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Am I crazy or is Cadets featured dancer this year, with that uniform, giving us a nice throwback to the featured dancer in that show? It’s what came to mind for me anyway

Absolutely. I was watching with an 89-90 Cadet guard friend who had’t seen the show yet and she immediately screamed out “IT’S WESLEY!” A lovely tribute to his amazing feature in ‘87. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

What will Crown play for their secret warm up clip tomorrow?   The Rick Roll tonite was great.  A complete surprise.  They Rick Rolled an entire stadium.

This was great fun! Surprised me. The 18 year old kid in front of me was singing the song and they were all cracking up. 

• Like 1

For those complaining about judging: be glad it's not me. I judge shows based on my visceral reactions and emotions. If a corps makes me:spitting:it's all over. No need for Lucas. They've already won.