Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

1 hour ago, jmc5682 said:

This happens every year that BD has a significant lead after Quarter Finals.  Some people are so desperate for BD to not win that they focus on any mistake that happens.  They never want to focus on how beautiful the solos were last night, or how much better the guard was than just a week ago, how their drumline full of rookies actually came in first I think, how wonderfully they move, how much cleaner they are from a week ago.  Nope, just any problem that occurs.  It's comical at this point, because it has been happening for the past 13 or so years.  Ever since BD started winning titles again on a regular basis.  I just chalk it up to jealousy.  I know everyone wants their favorite corps to win, but that is not possible.  To jump on the "anybody but BD" bandwagon is now so popular that as a BD fan you just have to acknowledge it exists, and then just chuckle.  The Boston Crusaders have a great show this year.  If you like their show more than BD's than just cheer loudly for them if you are fortunate enough to be at DCI, but please do not boo BD after their performance.  If their show is not to your taste just stay seated.  One more thing for Boston Crusaders fans, no matter who gets first, I believe Boston will place the highest they ever have at DCI Finals this year.  That is a huge accomplishment.

Whenever there is a lead corps, people will look for cracks. It’s human nature. When Bluecoats won with Down Side Up they received scrutiny that no other corps got. It just comes with the territory. 

BD has won so many times that many see the clear patterns in their show design and just shrug them off. If you love their general approach to show design, or you marched with them, you love it—or don’t see it anymore.

People are going to like what they like and not like what they don’t like. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ediker said:

I don’t think it’s hate. Blue Devils are excellent. Though in the last 10+ years, if you’ve seen one BD show, you’ve seen them all. Great productions, but it also feels like another variation of the same two or three ideas. The other top corps come out with completely different concepts and styles each year. Leaving before Blue Devils doesn’t feel as tragic as missing Bluecoats or Crown. 

🤣..............................................................................................................................................🤣

23 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Sorry i replied to wrong post..

Yes it's the same every year. It's gotten so old to me now. They cry foul against BD all the time, but it's a pass for ever other corps especially their faves. I get tired of even giving them attention, but on the other hand they make competition even sweeter. they've been sweetening those tears LOL.

Not everyone sees winning the gold medal as the only goal of DCI. 

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How do you find out why a penalty is assessed? Is there somewhere publicly accessible where you can see, or do you have to find out via the grapevine? 

...or is asking this like touching the third rail? 😉

Edited by kkrepps

1 hour ago, jmc5682 said:

This happens every year that BD has a significant lead after Quarter Finals.  Some people are so desperate for BD to not win that they focus on any mistake that happens.  They never want to focus on how beautiful the solos were last night, or how much better the guard was than just a week ago, how their drumline full of rookies actually came in first I think, how wonderfully they move, how much cleaner they are from a week ago.  Nope, just any problem that occurs.  It's comical at this point, because it has been happening for the past 13 or so years.  Ever since BD started winning titles again on a regular basis.  I just chalk it up to jealousy.  I know everyone wants their favorite corps to win, but that is not possible.  To jump on the "anybody but BD" bandwagon is now so popular that as a BD fan you just have to acknowledge it exists, and then just chuckle.  The Boston Crusaders have a great show this year.  If you like their show more than BD's than just cheer loudly for them if you are fortunate enough to be at DCI, but please do not boo BD after their performance.  If their show is not to your taste just stay seated.  One more thing for Boston Crusaders fans, no matter who gets first, I believe Boston will place the highest they ever have at DCI Finals this year.  That is a huge accomplishment.

Twice i heard boooos, first when crown scores were announced and second when BD scores announced. I think i see a pattern with a certain fan base of a certain corps, however i will not assume the booosers faves but there's a pattern yearly.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ediker said:

I don’t think it’s hate. Blue Devils are excellent. Though in the last 10+ years, if you’ve seen one BD show, you’ve seen them all. Great productions, but it also feels like another variation of the same two or three ideas. The other top corps come out with completely different concepts and styles each year. Leaving before Blue Devils doesn’t feel as tragic as missing Bluecoats or Crown. 

100% agree. Blue Devils have a formula that they've been using since the 2000s, and they repeat it every year and just layer new music and some conceptual material over it. It's frankly boring, but they are able to execute it very well because they aren't trying to reinvent the wheel or create new experiences. They just repeat themselves. 

On one hand it's great that they've figured out what the judges want to see, and are able to deliver it year after year. On the other hand it's exceedingly dull, and I wish the judges would reward some of the more innovative and inspired shows rather than focus so myopically on the execution of basically the same material year after year. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

that's truly and factually Valid but it's a competition and people get nasty when they disagree over who should or shouldn't win so....................... what do you say to those who disagree with BD winning and throwig tantrums protests ? Those are the tears i enjoy! Yes i enjoy. They can disagree, that's their rights, but in the manner they do it is what is appalling and borderline disgusting. Like they forget those are all hard working kids, who could have been doing something else over the summer. Every corps deserves respect no matter where they are placed, and how they have been scored. To me All the kids win from just doing this and improving themselves to finals weekend. They all should be celebrated not Booooed.

Again Disagree but be respectful.

Boston, I truly am proud of Bostons kids for the impeccable showmanship,talented and just really great performers.

Bluecoats for being so daring and refreshing, they are truly amazing and i love the show. I didn't like the unis at first but then i like them now. This year they just says to everyone how adventurous they are and not afraid to.

Crown i respect them because they have been resilient and talented kids. I am not a fan of this years show, but i appreciate aspects of "right here, right now" but i don't focus on being negative towards the kids. I enjoy the music the most, and a lot more....

I am most happy for Cadets and Phantom...... They are BACK! need i say more....

and the list could go on all corps. But if certain people in and out on social media, at indie keeps bashing the kids from any corps in the name of disagreement, in the most distasteful ways, then yes i will drink their tears with every ounce of joy in my body.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Well of course. When a corps other than BD wins the gold only once every 3 years, people have to find other goals or they’d be miserable 

• Like 3