Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

39 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Twice i heard boooos, first when crown scores were announced and second when BD scores announced. I think i see a pattern with a certain fan base of a certain corps, however i will not assume the booosers faves but there's a pattern yearly.

The attitude towards Bd was the worst when a particular corps was always challenging BD at 2nd. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not 

• Like 2

I believe a big part of the more restrained applause for BD, aside from the rabid ABBD contingent, is that people are gobsmacked by the entire show.  They are so drawn in by the showmanship, the talent, and the style, that they just don’t want to break the spell.  They are all in, trying to figure out how the props got moved without them seeing it happen, where do i look next, how did they do that?  Almost a reverence.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Whenever there is a lead corps, people will look for cracks. It’s human nature. When Bluecoats won with Down Side Up they received scrutiny that no other corps got. It just comes with the territory. 

BD has won so many times that many see the clear patterns in their show design and just shrug them off. If you love their general approach to show design, or you marched with them, you love it—or don’t see it anymore.

People are going to like what they like and not like what they don’t like. 

Well, to be fair, people that are homers tend to overlook a LOT more.  People are also likely to pick winners as that is human nature.  They may not know a #### thing about drum corps, marching band or even music but if they are told what something is, they tend to run with it.  No show is perfect.

2 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

I believe a big part of the more restrained applause for BD, aside from the rabid ABBD contingent, is that people are gobsmacked by the entire show.  They are so drawn in by the showmanship, the talent, and the style, that they just don’t want to break the spell.  They are all in, trying to figure out how the props got moved without them seeing it happen, where do i look next, how did they do that?  Almost a reverence.

Yeah.......

2 minutes ago, Mello Dude said:

Yeah.......

Hahahaha! I live to hear your next syllable.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The attitude towards Bd was the worst when a particular corps was always challenging BD at 2nd. Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not 

Yeah i know right, Exactly.

21 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

What happened last night was tame compared to the chorus of "boos" rained down on Star of Indiana at the first Tour of Champions show in Madison back in '91. Joe Bruno had to quiet the crowd down it was so bad.

1991 ? Or might you be referring to 1993 ?   Star had a very pleasing, fan friendly show that was well received by most national fans wherever they went as far as I recall. '91 show had the wildly popular, iconic, cross to cross visual drill maneuver that brought most fans to their feet for that alone. ( Zingali's creative visual drill formations on prominent display and received very well by audiences ). I was at the '91 show in Lynn Ma, and Star of Indiana was very well received by the Massachusetts audience for their 1st place finish. No boos heard there at all.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Not everyone sees winning the gold medal as the only goal of DCI. 

I can assure you that BD is in to win it. Which may be what separates them from the it’s all about the experience mindset from others. It’s important that the cast have a safe enjoyable summer band camp. However there’s no better experience than winning 🥇 

• Like 2