Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

27 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

I know every time there is an international participant, Taipei Yuefu, Yamato, Beatrix, Jubal, etc they participate in OC/Div 2/3. I wonder if there was a rebirth of canadian corps if there would be an international class. 

Thinking about it - when Magic came back in early 2000s they had to compete in Open Class first year, as that was a requirement back then.  I wonder if SoA & Seattle Cascades will have same requirement assuming they come out in 2023?

Looking through the rule book you sent

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
wrong Corps

4 minutes ago, Musiclover22 said:

I’m late on this…

but what is the name of the ballad that Calgary Stampede did??? I NEED the name! Lol

thanks in advanced!!!

Edit: There's No Place Like Home from LOST

Edited by FaustianMachine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Thinking about it - when Magic came back in early 2000s they had to compete in Open Class first year, as that was a requirement back then.  I wonder if SoA & Spartans will have same requirement assuming they come out in 2023?

In Spirit's situation, they didn't fold up operations, the took a mutual hiatus. I am 99% sure the go back to WC. Magic back then was a more than 1 year hiatus so they had to go thru the Div 2/3 season...in which they destroyed everyone. 

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Thinking about it - when Magic came back in early 2000s they had to compete in Open Class first year, as that was a requirement back then.  I wonder if SoA & Spartans will have same requirement assuming they come out in 2023?

Spartans are always open class.  Not sure whom you're talking about other than SoA

8 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

In Spirit's situation, they didn't fold up operations, the took a mutual hiatus. I am 99% sure the go back to WC. Magic back then was a more than 1 year hiatus so they had to go thru the Div 2/3 season...in which they destroyed everyone. 

On page 70 it mentions Corps absent for a "significant" amount of time, without defining significant.

I agree that unless they take a second year off DCI will find a way to bring them back as World Class.

edit:  World Class Corps must have at least 110 members per rules, so I think they would need to hit tat mark or be required to compete in Open class (50 member minimum)

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

4 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I meant Seattle Cascades.

There used to be a Spartans out of Washington state & that is where my geriatric mind went

Hah.  Ok then.

Right Seattle had to sit this year too.

Ok BDB time!  

Note, they have BK's dots painted red and Mandarin's yellow chains!

I think someone spotted another bit of equipment they've got that looks like someone else's too.