Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Ok Gold!

Their show is based on the story of The Giver.  A boy, living in a utopia/dystopia with tightly bound rules begins to perceive color (not knowing what it is) and is selected to be the Receiver of the history and memories of the community.  The community does this with memories to create stability and order and 'peace.'  The Giver, an old man symbolized by the piano, as he began by perceiving music, begins to transfer the memories to the boy in a painful process as not all memories are good.  They come to an agreement that the community would be better off knowing its history because it also then know the love and beauty they'd given up for their current "utopia. "  He leaves the community which transfers the memories back to them in a burst of color.

• Like 4

and @Chief Guns's son is the tuba with the fro who is part of the feature coming up for Sound of Silence. 

• Like 2

Is this the worst FLO has sounded this season or the 2nd worst?  

• Confused 1

I swear it was way better at the start.  They must be futzing with compression settings instead of increasing bandwidth as more viewers come on.  

if that's their strategy, it's gonna be real ugly tonight. 

Another great color bomb unfolding as Gold finishes and the memories are released into the community.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, leed17 said:

Artifacts, buffering, stuttering, sound out of sync, you name it, it has happened today.  Add the occasional wrong banner, or banner in the middle of the show, and technical difficulties every so often, and it’s been a lousy day for FLO…the rest of the season has been really good for me, so it’s so disappointing for this to happen during finals week.  I really hope it gets better today, tomorrow and Saturday.  

Luckily, my viewing has been trouble free until Gold.  Now I'm seeing a lot of pixelization.  

• Like 1

I named some of the problems on Flo's FB post for this show...in the past that's gotten attention. 

• Like 1

Open Class champs next. 

SCVC was not to be denied Tuesday night.  It's an outstanding show.