Thursday, August 11th “DCI World Championship PRELIMS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Just now, Granny Smith said:

I acknowledge I have not looked through this entire thread, so this may already be being discussed...

Is the video quality on the FloMarching lousy for others? Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful to be able to stream prelims, but the video quality is really subpar for me. 

it was great to start.

Got reallllly bad.

Has improved to where it is now. 

Yeah. Flo isn't doing so well with their compression settings as more people join the stream.  They should know by now to go all in with bandwidth for this.  But...yeah.

I'm just hoping it doesn't go to pot again later tonight and the weekend.

• Like 1

Not Finalist material, but ####, they've gotta be the underrated corps this year. So much more entertaining to me than Crossmen, BK and Colts. 

• Like 1

Ah, I like the show a LOT, but I'm used to Academy cleaning much much more by the season's end. I know we keep reading about how young they are and how it's been a rockier road for this normally-smooth corps. They'll get it figured out! It just stinks that this is a really solid, entertaining design that could have potentially hung with Troopers & Colts, and now they are far behind. But, we've seen dips before (The Piano Man) and their consistent & educational leadership always manages to rally the corps on track, so I don't doubt that this year is just growing pains.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if Music City passed up Academy today or this weekend. In fact, I'd place money on it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jake W. said:

Ah, I like the show a LOT, but I'm used to Academy cleaning much much more by the season's end. I know we keep reading about how young they are and how it's been a rockier road for this normally-smooth corps. They'll get it figured out! It just stinks that this is a really solid, entertaining design that could have potentially hung with Troopers & Colts, and now they are far behind. But, we've seen dips before (The Piano Man) and their consistent & educational leadership always manages to rally the corps on track, so I don't doubt that this year is just growing pains.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if Music City passed up Academy today or this weekend. In fact, I'd place money on it.

No one is as clean as they usually are except maybe the top half of the finalists.  Covid is a part of that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Granny Smith said:

I acknowledge I have not looked through this entire thread, so this may already be being discussed...

Is the video quality on the FloMarching lousy for others? Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful to be able to stream prelims, but the video quality is really subpar for me. 

It is for me too. Color keeps shifting around and small pixelation happening occasionally. It's probably my internet, I figured. A construction company is installing new underground electric lines in the neighborhood, and of all weeks, they cut our cable in multiple places. We were without cable/internet for over 24 hours, and the cable company came and patched it yesterday. They have to run a new line to our house because of how much damage was done, so I'm just happy to be able to stream it at all!

26 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Just purchased at the stadium

I have a couple Phantom t-shirts. a hoody and a cap.

@Jurassic Lancer Hey how bout rounding up the DCPers there and post a selfie of the group? 

We'll all wave to you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

No one is as clean as they usually are except maybe the top half of the finalists.  Covid is a part of that.

Good call, and I should have phrased it differently - I am used to seeing The Academy grow & polish much more by the season's end. Pacific Crest, Genesis, & Music City all grew and polished like crazy...The Academy seems to have languished for the back half of the season, or even most of the season. 

• Like 1