Your 12 highlights from 12 years of finals at LOS

If we don't include 2021 since it was exhibition only this is the 12th year of finals at LOS.

If you could make your ultimate finals list for LOS which 12 shows would you include?

Rules

1. Only 1 show per corps (i.e. don't list 12 Cavaliers shows as your top 12 @Hook'emCavies)

2. The shows in your top 12 had to have made finals. Please feel free to throw other great shows in your HMs!

3. Have fun!

Here are mine

12. Madison Scouts- 2011- New York Morning- LOS has been rough for one of my perennial favorite corps. I like them big and jazzy but there is no denying the power and beauty of this emotional show.

11. The Academy- 2016- Drum Corpse Bride- One of the most interesting and unique shows to make finals in the LOS Era. A nice nod to corps of the past.

10. Spirit of Atlanta- 2012- Sin City. I love a good, fun, jazzy show and this show mixes modern drum corps with the SOA feel and tradition that I love. Plus. Poker Face.

9. Phantom Regiment-2011- Juliet. Elsa's procession to the cathedral. Mozart. Romeo and Juliet. Big fat beautiful brass. My husband still listens to this show all the time.

8. Boston Crusaders- 2017- Wicked Game. The big jump for Boston from barely making finals to perennial top 6. So big and emotional. Drawing from regional history. Probably the only time I have liked a singer in drum corps. 

7. The Cadets- 2011- Between Angels and Demons- No doubt that this is by far the best Cadets show in the LOS Era. 

6. The Blue Devils-2009-1930- I chose this show not only because it is probably my favorite BD show of all time but because this is the show that started it all for them with their LOS dominance.

-This is where it gets almost impossible for me some of my favorite shows of all time here-

5. Blue Knights- 2014- ...that One Second- the most beautiful, emotional show of all time. The best use of narration ever. Yes. I cry just thinking about this show. 

4. Cavaliers- 2010- Mad World- This is pretty much the perfect drum corps show. It has all the moves and visuals of the 00s Cavaliers with much better music, flow, acting, and theming. My favorite Cavaliers show of all time by a county mile.

3. Bluecoats- 2015- Kinetic Noise- this is the show I replay more than any other drum corps show. It's genius, you can really get into the vibe/zone/groove and just lose yourself in it. I have listened to and watched this show probably a hundred times and it's flawless but it just wasn't quite as amazing live as....

2. Carolina Crown- 2012- For the Common Good- this barely edges out Inferno as my crown choice. Have you seen this show? Do you know how amazing it is to play Copeland flawlessly on a football field while marching and moving...a lot. Wow. It still amazes me every time

1. Santa Clara Vanguard- 2018- Babylon- Felini schmilini. This was the best show to ever be played at LOS definitely my favorite of the ones that came home with gold. The percussion and my body is a cage. Fantastic.

Honorable mentions

Blue Stars- 2019- Call of the Wild

Mandarins- 2017- Inside the Ink

Crossmen- 2019- Valkyrie

Music City- 2018- the Casey Jones train show

Jersey Surf-2012- Bridgemania

EDIT TROOPERS 2022 gets an HM!

Sorry 2013. No shows for you 

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

1. Vanguard 2018

2. Vanguard 2017

3. Crown 2015

4. Crown 2013

5. Crown 2012

6. Crown 2009

7. Regiment 2012

8. Cadets 2011

9. Vanguard 2016

10. Vanguard 2013

11. Vanguard 2012

12. Madison 2011

Come on. I wouldn't mention SCV twice without the Spark of Invention. Love that show. But I loved the whole top 6 in 2015. Great year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

Here are mine

12. Madison Scouts- 2011- New York Morning- LOS has been rough for one of my perennial favorite corps. I like them big and jazzy but there is no denying the power and beauty of this emotional show.

11. The Academy- 2016- Drum Corpse Bride- One of the most interesting and unique shows to make finals in the LOS Era. A nice nod to corps of the past.

10. Spirit of Atlanta- 2012- Sin City. I love a good, fun, jazzy show and this show mixes modern drum corps with the SOA feel and tradition that I love. Plus. Poker Face.

9. Phantom Regiment-2011- Juliet. Elsa's procession to the cathedral. Mozart. Romeo and Juliet. Big fat beautiful brass. My husband still listens to this show all the time.

8. Boston Crusaders- 2017- Wicked Game. The big jump for Boston from barely making finals to perennial top 6. So big and emotional. Drawing from regional history. Probably the only time I have liked a singer in drum corps. 

7. The Cadets- 2011- Between Angels and Demons- No doubt that this is by far the best Cadets show in the LOS Era. 

6. The Blue Devils-2009-1930- I chose this show not only because it is probably my favorite BD show of all time but because this is the show that started it all for them with their LOS dominance.

-This is where it gets almost impossible for me some of my favorite shows of all time here-

5. Blue Knights- 2014- ...that One Second- the most beautiful, emotional show of all time. The best use of narration ever. Yes. I cry just thinking about this show. 

4. Cavaliers- 2010- Mad World- This is pretty much the perfect drum corps show. It has all the moves and visuals of the 00s Cavaliers with much better music, flow, acting, and theming. My favorite Cavaliers show of all time by a county mile.

3. Bluecoats- 2015- Kinetic Noise- this is the show I replay more than any other drum corps show. It's genius, you can really get into the vibe/zone/groove and just lose yourself in it. I have listened to and watched this show probably a hundred times and it's flawless but it just wasn't quite as amazing live as....

2. Carolina Crown- 2012- For the Common Good- this barely edges out Inferno as my crown choice. Have you seen this show? Do you know how amazing it is to play Copeland flawlessly on a football field while marching and moving...a lot. Wow. It still amazes me every time

1. Santa Clara Vanguard- 2018- Babylon- Felini schmilini. This was the best show to ever be played at LOS definitely my favorite of the ones that came home with gold. The percussion and my body is a cage. Fantastic.

Honorable mentions

Blue Stars- 2019- Call of the Wild

Mandarins- 2017- Inside the Ink

Crossmen- 2019- Valkyrie

Music City- 2018- the Casey Jones train show

Jersey Surf-2012- Bridgemania

EDIT TROOPERS 2022 gets an HM!

Sorry 2013. No shows for you 

Two shows I would’ve wanted to see live that I haven’t, BD 2017, and then Crown 2012. Even more than Crown 2013, I would’ve died and gone to heaven with that hornline and that LOS performance😭😭😭

here's mine

12. modern

11. dci

10. is

9. my

8. jam

7. so

6. i

5. love

4. practically

3. every

2. show

1. babylon

Yeah, even though I'm a Bloo fangirl, Babylon is what I picture when someone brings up the hypothetical "perfect show". I can't even explain why. It just feels so right. It's like how a lot of people think Felliniesque is the "objectively" perfect show based on what they look for in drum corps. It has enough of the huge brass moments for fans of classic DCI, but enough innovation to wow the young folks

5 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

Two shows I would’ve wanted to see live that I haven’t, BD 2017, and then Crown 2012. Even more than Crown 2013, I would’ve died and gone to heaven with that hornline and that LOS performance😭😭😭

Crown 2012 was nothing short of amazing and the reason I am obsessed with drum corps. Finals was a surprise bday present from my husband. I think Crown did better with percussion in 2013-ultimately winning them a championship but 2012 was the best showcase of their hornline. Their brass is just as good this year but the show design doesn't showcase them at all and it irks me.