Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

That Cross to Cross move.  I've got friends who are marching in that video.  

Even thirty years later, that Cross to Cross is STILL amazing to watch. RIP George. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

This is interesting.  

I wonder what would happen If a Corps did a show called ‘5 kick-*ss songs & some cool drill’?

That's one of the things though.  I loved Gold's show a ton before I'd read the book and saw any of that.  The design works on both levels.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tim K said:

My guess it’s either George Zingali and his brilliant drills and color guard work or where George Bonfiglio mortgaged his house to help get DCI started and some say he first suggested an organization like DCI after the IC Reveries protest in 1966, it could be him. 

Cross to Cross feature of George Z. 

Does SCVC have a backfield conductor out? 

That's a big V Btw

6 hours ago, CAtenhut said:

This schedule is so stupid. Drum battles and presentations should happen during intermissions and Calgary Stampede exhibition should've been 1st show of the day. 

I thought the same thing early this morning.  IMO: In light of last night's results ... things being so close ... DCI could have/should have made some adjustments.   DCI's  common comment "All times subject to change."

Perhaps more logical ...
- Go with the same block of nine [9] Corps like last night. 
- Put the focus where it belongs ... on the Corps.   Yes, DCI has to get some of the other things in. 
That's fine, however there is a razor thin edge separating Crown & Bluecoats ...
unfortunately instead of having them go in one group ... they are separated by "a Presentation?" ... Recognitions? 
C'mon ...

I think BDB all the way up to SCVC should be a tight competition 

• Like 1