Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Top six are all peaking at the same time, and you really can’t fault the execution. Some shows are simply better designed and/or more fun but they are really all as good as the activity gets.

This is what has me absolutely over the top this year.

• Like 2

Just now, KVG_DC said:

"Presenting their 2023 show, Accidental Sondheim, DCI is proud to present..." 

That could actually work you know. 

If its any type of Sondheim, I am happy

• Like 2

Just now, KVG_DC said:

"Presenting their 2023 show, Accidental Sondheim, DCI is proud to present..." 

That could actually work you know. 

It's just normal Sondheim, but written with the wrong key signatures, so that every note needs an accidental.

(Also, this musical theatre geek would LOVE to hear someone do a Sondheim show in 2023, accidental or otherwise)

Kids have to be blown out. Just so hard to do five full on shows in four days for a open class corps. Good job Cadets!!!

• Like 2

Brandt might have gotten the corps director's name right.  Not sure.

2 minutes ago, Quentin said:

I am a bass drummer with only high school experience, but how does this even happen? Also I get that it's hard but maybe then someone else should do it instead of her? Maybe it's just me, but if I was a director and a soloist was messing up for at least two weeks in a row, let alone a whole season, I would just switch them with someone else. Surely she would understand it's for the good of the group, no? 

It is likely too late in the season for this to happen. Drill changes would need to be made and having someone else who hasn't performed the line all season is a near recipie for some mistake

• Thanks 1

FWIW, this was the seated position of the crowd the entire show. Until it was over. 

Weird. Like it or not, you can't deny it is excellent. 

8JgakBz.jpg

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1