Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Good run from Guardians. This is an up and coming Corps. Liked the concept and they put it across well. Turn Around was well done. 

• Like 1

I absolutely cannot believe how far Guardians have grown since 2019. They took the maturity of their apple show and put it over the chaotic, off-the-wall shows that landed them on the map in the first place. I'm in love!!!! I hope that corps is beyond proud of making Semis for the first time and landing top 5 at OC Prelims & Finals. They've more than earned it!! I think Guardians will end up as one of the best Cinderella stories of 2022. What a great year for them, and so well-deserved!

• Like 1

Just now, jimwolf359 said:

Good run from Guardians. This is an up and coming Corps. Liked the concept and they put it across well. Turn Around was well done. 

They went back to the pop tunes and hip hop shows they made their name with in Open Class.   2019 they had departed from that but I'm glad to see it back and glad to see them get rewarded for it with their highest score and placement ever in OC.

• Like 1

I mean really.  They've had the guts to put Kayne, Jay-Z, Beyonce, and Big Freedia on the field.  Party Corps!

• Like 1

Also...Spartans' transformation from 2014 or so to now.  They were a "we're gonna do everything visual and some music" design.  Now they're a musical feast and making smart visual choices.  This year isn't quite as lightning in a bottle as that Experiment X show in 2019 but it's a great one still.  They give their kids value for their money with a good show.  

Serf and Guardians are a great way to start the day.  Two very entertaining shows that showcase the talent they have and not try to overdo it

• Like 1

Spartans brass not sounding quite as polished as they did during Monday/Tuesday runs. All the same, really happy with the direction this design team is taking and very much looking forward to future productions. Repertoire choices the past two years have been fantastic. Still can't believe I'm hearing Retrograde on the field, but I'm loving it!

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 1

That may be a championship ring for Open Class 2019 on that soloists finger? 

it's super shiny 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Spartans brass not sounding quite as polished as they did during Monday/Tuesday runs. All the same, really happy with the direction this design team is taking and very much looking forward to future productions. Repertoire choices the past two years have been fantastic. Still can't believe I'm hearing Retrograde on the field, but I'm loving it!

I think a lot of the OC tend to ease off on the kids as they go in.  It becomes sort of a "just go and enjoy the experience" ride at that point.   

The listening environment for them in LoS is totally different than anything most Open corps see all year too.  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 1