Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

6 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

To see where they have come since my time and see these members faces enjoying every second is the true win.  There is always a struggle in being the group people don't want to succeed and those kids need to know there are people that got their back. I will always support them and can't wait to see them push to new heights. 

Watching warmup today and it was the first time I looked around and saw so many alumni supporting in the lot from the 70s- last season. 💙🌟🌹

Blue Stars are a special corps performing a mature, sophisticated, beautiful show. They will carry this summer with them always. It seems like a solid, first-rate organization today, and that is wonderful to see, given that the organization knew tough times in the past.

• Like 3

Just now, lawdn said:

Blue Stars are a special corps performing a mature, sophisticated, beautiful show. They will carry this summer with them always. It seems like a solid, first-rate organization today, and that is wonderful to see, given that the organization knew tough times in the past.

Credit to Brad Furlano who hit 40 years of involvement with the blue stars this season. 

• Like 4

Y’all. We get to watch the Troopers and the Colts at finals. 

• Like 7

High Perc Award Analysis: BD would have to score no more than 19.45 for SCV or Bloo to have a chance to overtake them, the caveat being SCV needs to score 19.7 to win with Bloo score less than 19.6. Or Bloo needs to score 19.6 with SCV scoring no higher than 19.7. For BAC to have a chance, BD would have to score no more than 19.35 and BAC will need a perfect score. Of course, that would also mean that SCV and Bloo must have an off night.

Edited by Jeffe77
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, squarepush said:
1 Blue Devils 98.300
2 Bluecoats 96.975
2 Boston Crusaders 96.975
4 Carolina Crown 95.813
5 Santa Clara Vanguard 95.150
6 The Cadets 93.288
7 Blue Stars 92.250
8 The Cavaliers 91.863
9 Phantom Regiment 90.700
10 Mandarins 89.538
11 Colts 87.450
12 Troopers 87.425
13 Crossmen 86.925
14 Blue Knights 85.788
15 Madison Scouts 83.725
16 The Academy 82.200
17 Music City 81.763
18 Vanguard Cadets 81.050
19 Pacific Crest 80.250
20 Gold 79.025
21 Genesis 78.813
22 Blue Devils B 78.375
23 Spartans 76.600
24 Guardians 73.925
25 Jersey Surf 73.875

I really missed the bygone days before slotting...when  Corps would actually change position from prelims to semi's to finals. It's all too predictable now. Regardless of performance quality, judges slot everyone in the same spot.

3 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:
I did some simple number crunching in regards to High Perc Award. BD would to score have no higher than 19.45 and SCV at 19.7 to win it, after that, the margin would have to be greater than 2 tenths for SCV to win. BAC/Bloo has bigger holes to climb.

It's 0.25 to win outright over BD, but they would also need to be 0.2 above Bluecoats. Remember Bluecoats are actually in 2nd currently at 0.025 behind BD. The actual number won't matter tomorrow, just the spread.

https://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/177508-friday-august-12th-“dci-world-championship-semifinals”-lucas-oil-stadium-indianapolis-indiana/&do=findComment&comment=3963804

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TenHut said:

I really missed the bygone days before slotting...when  Corps would actually change position from prelims to semi's to finals. It's all too predictable now. Regardless of performance quality, judges slot everyone in the same spot.

You have a Blue Knights and Crossmen not unexpectedly but surprisingly pushed out by pre lims by BOTH Colts and Troopers... they make finals for the finals for the first time in decades. You have Bluecoats surprising all of us tying Boston for 2nd, and who knows what will happen tomorrow. I'd say this year is one of the better years of toss ups of turn out! Cadets firmly snag 6th against all expectations. Cavaliers don't make 11th, but are likely 8th. Lot's of oddities! Look deeper 🙂

Edited by squarepush
  • Like 2