Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

It was definitely the speaker on the 25, right side for me. I left after Blooo to recover behind the stands.

I feel so horrible about complaining about this too. We've spent so much money and it's been a pretty miserable day with the event staff, the concessions, and then finally the blasting.

I really love Bloo and really all the corps, but this was even louder than Propaganda.  I've gotten some laughs here ( thanks Cappy and Confused responses) from people, which really puzzles me how inconsiderate that comes across as.

I hate to ruin other people's enjoyment, so I'll likely try to keep "quiet".

I want to apologize for not taking you more seriously.  It is not a complaint I’m used to hearing and thought you were exaggerating, as people often do here to make a point. 

I do think this a serious concern and you deserve to have a safe and enjoyable experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

one MA judge kept Troop from 11th.

can Bloo alumni go again tomorrow?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I'm bringing ear plugs for tomorrow. I'm near some speakers, not even directly in front of them, but off to the side; they were out of control and I'm actually worried that I have permanent ear damage because of them now.

I've never complained about the speakers, but 101 dB just for the speakers of someone talking is too loud. Funny thing is so many people around me were wearing hearing aids.

My fiance was furious. This isn't a game, and the levels aren't safe for people in front of those things.

I'm worried that there may be a complaint for the levels. In this day and age, it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

It certainly help put a downer on my day.

I'm a retired refinery Operator and there were areas in the plant that were over 100db. In these areas we had to wear double hearing protection (plugs & muffs).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jasgre2000 said:

Why can't they label the GE-music and GE-visual scores? What's with this 1 & 2 thing? As if the caption wasn't confusing enough to begin with.

The way I remember it is the visual caption comes before the music caption, so GE1 is visual.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

...is it weird that I wish there'd been more pre-2014 Bluecoats in the alumni corps show?

I mean, the past ten years are clearly the corps' competitive peak. But...it would've been nice to hear more things from before this design staff than Nutville/that snippet of Caravan/Creep/Boxer. Like, any of Metropolis. Or a bit of the '95 show.

I might be too curmudgeonly. Alumni corps are always delightful, and this one was no exception. And the tribute off the top with backfield Autumn Leaves had me sobbing.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, DCM said:

Did 5 days in Akron in July and another 7 days this week.      Best week of my life! 

And you all made every fan proud. There were two friends I marched the same seasons and went to college with, and one I taught open class with out there.  It was a really great run. Standing ovations from me in front of my couch. 

High Perc Award Analysis: BD would have to score no more than 19.45 for SCV or Bloo to have a chance to overtake them, the caveat being SCV needs to score 19.7 to win with Bloo scoring less than 19.6. Or Bloo needs to score 19.6 with SCV scoring no higher than 19.7. For BAC to have a chance, BD would have to score no more than 19.35 and BAC will need a perfect score. Of course, that would also mean that SCV and Bloo must have an off night.

Edited by Jeffe77

20 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

no they didn't win in 20 or 21

They have the youngest corps they have had in years.  Perhaps a three in a row will happen.  I would like to see BAC get the Gold.  I love this years show for Boston, but if they can get a really emotional show and put it all together next year could be their year.  I am quite amazed at the progress they have made the last 6 or 7 years,  If they can keep their staff together multiple titles will happen! 

3 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

...is it weird that I wish there'd been more pre-2014 Bluecoats in the alumni corps show?

I mean, the past ten years are clearly the corps' competitive peak. But...it would've been nice to hear more things from before this design staff than Nutville/that snippet of Caravan/Creep/Boxer. Like, any of Metropolis. Or a bit of the '95 show.

I might be too curmudgeonly. Alumni corps are always delightful, and this one was no exception. And the tribute off the top with backfield Autumn Leaves had me sobbing.

Maybe, but you kind of want to give fans “the hits”.  I appreciated the chart from 1998. The old Bloos stretching out for pitch bend.  Really good job bringing those iconic moments back. 

I think it’s going to be hard for groups post 2010 to pull full iconic songs for alumni groups when the activity is about moments now. 

• Like 1