Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

I don't remember if they do "through the show" during semis or not. 

They might hold the top 12 suspense until tonight cause it's legit drama.

But I remember a year when Madison didn't make finals and it was part of a mid show announcement and people said some of the Madison MMs were milling about in the stands and such when it was announced and had to deal with feeling crushed with people around them.  

Madison is selling this show musically.  I mean, yeah they probably could have given this group more, and it definitely has more meat in it than earlier in the season so they've been adding, but it's an enjoyable show to listen to and has some neat visual moments too.   I would like to think the design team will be more ambitious next year as they regrow the Scouts. 

• Like 3

At least through 2019 they announced prelims and semis scores through the shows during breaks, revealing the scores of the final block after the last corps. There's a ton of drama just in that final block alone. The penultimate block contains the drama of who makes finals and who does not. As a member, and as a parent, those moments are seared into my memory. I'd be surprised if DCI has changed their practice.

You know, I know there's not a lot of people in the Madison camp thrilled with this show, but the corps looks and sounds more confident and clear than I've seen since...Last Man Standing? It seems like they've got a tremendous base of consistency in execution in all captions, and the corps performs so confidently and smoothly because of that. I hope they keep this teaching & design staff in place and allow them to grow a bit to see what can be achieved. This really does seem like a solid framework for future years, and felt more "Madison Scouts" than the last few seasons.

• Like 4

From the stands: "LET'S GO TEAM WHITE!" 

That could be the motto for 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok "the fight for finals" runs begin now.  BK behind the 8 ball after last night. 

• Like 1