Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

So, hope they’re not a DCP-er, but I sat next to the “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape” family for a while last night.  Their oldest (10-11?) kept getting up & down.  Then he started bumping the aisle arm rest making noise during performances.  Their daughter kept singing all of the lead sop notes especially the soloist.  (Great pitch by the way)

I don’t want to be rude, but spending this much money, I can’t handle the distractions.  I completely understand health/mental issues but I think this is just a lack of discipline?  The dad kept scolding the oldest.  

How would y’all handle it?  I love kids (no I don’t) yes you do… 😂

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

In yea olden days Corps that had finished performing often sat on BAC sideline stands.  Anaheim Kingsmen would file into the sands.  When all members were in place they would remove hats in unison and all sit down at same time.  

If they were in uniform, they remained in character.   

That's something I love about drum corps. When you go to say, a rock concert, you feel disconnected as in like "these rock stars are rich and famous, they're above everyone else" but when I go to a drum corps show, I'm still always amazed by the fact that these talented performers are practically ordinary people just like us. I still get semi-starstruck seeing a corps member in uniform just walking around though.

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

So, hope they’re not a DCP-er, but I sat next to the “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape” family for a while last night.  Their oldest (10-11?) kept getting up & down.  Then he started bumping the aisle arm rest making noise during performances.  Their daughter kept singing all of the lead sop notes especially soloist.  (Great pitch by the way)

I don’t want to be rude, but spending this much money, I can’t handle the distractions.  I completely understand health/mental issues but I think this is just a lack of discipline?  The dad kept scolding the oldest.  

How would y’all handle it?  I love kids (no I don’t) yes you do… 😂

I had fine people sitting by me yesterday (except for the people who showed up for just one corps) but in Cincinnati, I think this strange woman behind me had Tourette’s or something.   Keep screaming out at inappropriate times and making weird noises very loudly. Kind of strange. I didn’t even turn around. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I had fine people sitting by me yesterday (except for the people who showed up for just one corps) but in Cincinnati, I think this strange woman behind me had Tourette’s or something.   Keep screaming out at inappropriate times and making weird noises very loudly. Kind of strange. I didn’t even turn around. 

Good move; just don’t look! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Those toxic attitudes will die off eventually (unless they pass it off to their offspring). All that can be done is to just call it out when you see it. 

I’m still trying to figure out what is woke and progressive about Bloo’s show? I actually listen to the narration.  Some of it is kind of funny, other parts are thought-provoking.  It’s even poignant at times. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m still trying to figure out what is woke and progressive about Bloo’s show? I actually listen to the narration.  Some of it is kind of funny, other parts are thought-provoking.  It’s even poignant at times. 

Our comments weren't about that. It was about another comment... altho that Bloo statement is equally dumb.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

No idea. The term “woke” has been weirdly weaponized by people who don’t even know what they mean by it anymore. It’s a general term to describe something that makes them uncomfortable or doesn’t allow them to say ####ed up things. The world has flown past those people already

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1