Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

41 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

new crazy idea: at next year's finals we'll coordinate a group of all the DCI fans at whatever hotel is closest to Lucas, we gather at some designated meeting place and begin marching in formation all the way to the stadium. I don't know what this achieves except for confusing the heck out of people, but it's funny

I just retired last year and still have to march in formation? Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I thought you were kidding. I wish they’d show that a little later.  Today is my lighter day after spending so much time in there yesterday.

Final tally on steps:  18,675 7.2 miles.  Exercise ring lapped three times.  A new exercise record. 

One thing I've learned this week walking around downtown Indy is all of the 'down' escalators work to perfection.  It seems that only the 'up' escalators break down & are 'out of order'. 🤔 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bussed in from Chicago, and headed to Convention Center, Hall K to see the DCI exhibit. THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to piece all this together.

There are uniforms, drums, horns, pictures, videos, and a good mix of sitting and standing, if you wish. You can fly through the exhibit in 10 minutes, or immerse yourself for 3 hours, easily.

I grabbed 17 of the free program books at the exit: years 1997, 2004-2019.

The Hyatt allowed early check in, more than 4 hours.

Meeting up with Ann, Teresa, Scott, and Tony at Slippery Noodle for a winning Friday lunch of tater tots and beer.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DeanInChicago said:

Bussed in from Chicago, and headed to Convention Center, Hall K to see the DCI exhibit. THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to piece all this together.

There are uniforms, drums, horns, pictures, videos, and a good mix of sitting and standing, if you wish. You can fly through the exhibit in 10 minutes, or immerse yourself for 3 hours, easily.

I grabbed 17 of the free program books at the exit: years 1997, 2004-2019.

The Hyatt allowed early check in, more than 4 hours.

Meeting up with Ann, Teresa, Scott, and Tony at Slippery Noodle for a winning Friday lunch of tater tots and beer.

Thanks!  I would never had known about it if you had not posted it. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

DCI exhibit at Convention Center:

Friday til 7PM

Saturday 9AM to 3PM

Free Admission.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Ok @3:03pm video presentation:  What is "The Genius of  George"?  😳 

I mean, I don't want boast BUT... 😇

Actually I know they were doing some interviews of folks who worked with Zingali at Cadets/Star - maybe it's that?

But I'm in standby mode with a whole speech ready to go lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’m still trying to figure out what is woke and progressive about Bloo’s show? I actually listen to the narration.  Some of it is kind of funny, other parts are thought-provoking.  It’s even poignant at times. 

Zero is. 

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

In yea olden days Corps that had finished performing often sat on back sideline stands.  Anaheim Kingsmen would file into the sands.  When all members were in place they would remove hats in unison and all sit down at same time.  

If they were in uniform, they remained in character.   

We wore our Garfield smocks when doing this.

• Like 1

I’m still trying to figure out what is woke and progressive about Bloo’s show? I actually listen to the narration.  Some of it is kind of funny, other parts are thought-provoking.  It’s even poignant at times. 

It’d be funny if the genuine answer to this were “unisex pajamas”

• Haha 4

George Bonfiglio.  One of the founding fathers of DCI. 

Terri, this has nothing to do with your post, but I just walked right in with a bottle of water, no questions asked. I remember your post from yesterday and wanted to drop a reminder! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1