An intense frustration.

I know this will be unpopular here (don't care), but this year (and others) there is a statement I am seeing from the judging community that it really doesn't matter how clean and well designed x corps gets, they won't beat BD.  

For the record, this is not a knock on BD at all.  I have no hate for them.  But when we have a corps like BAC is solid in every single caption and has had some stellar runs against BD, it does beg the question of what they exactly have to do to win, other than not be wearing Blue and be from Cali.  And again, this is not a knock on BD, but more the judging community.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

RIGGED

Listen, the “rigged” or “buying off the judges” arguments are absolutely asinine. The two arguments that hold water are 1) BD have a significant financial advantage, and 2) they design shows around the scoresheets. 

25 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I honestly have not seen that much BD hate here on DCP. I have also not seen many posts crying about how BD writes to the sheets or how the judges are paid off...or whatever. If nothing else the Blue Devils have been lauded quite a bit on DCP since the season started. Maybe on a site like Reddit or other social media this sort of thing may be taking place but I really haven't seen that much on DCP. 

I feel like this issue is coming up more so because someone wants to make a point, but DCP has been pretty darn kind to the Blue Devils this summer. It would be one thing if I saw thousands of negative posts but I have seen maybe 30 or 40 ALL SUMMER, and usually those are little quips and snide comments from people who a) have not seen them live, and b) who are jealous or do not understand judging. 

Let's give it a break. Blue Devils are viewed with much favor here on DCP, even by those who may not like the show but know when they see a fantastic performance. 

It used to be bad here

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CFC1905 said:

Listen, the “rigged” or “buying off the judges” arguments are absolutely asinine. The two arguments that hold water are 1) BD have a significant financial advantage, and 2) they design shows around the scoresheets. 

Agree....Remember the corps decide on the sheets and how they are judged...So in designing why wouldnt one design to the sheets. As far as money...ok

BD and a few others get the NOT FAIR label for doing things right I guess.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

This might have been said before ( not going to read all the posts ) BUT....ever notice that when someone wants someone else to win " It was rigged " BUT when they win of course it wasn't rigged.....Seems  there's alot more of that going around lately. 

There are even those who claim " RIGGED " even before the results are in....lol  and then if someone ( or themselves actually win ) " then the conspiracy goes away 🙄

Reminds of 2012 Perfect vs Maximum on the sheets when I got shredded by the ABBD crowd and Crown fans.

That year shortly after finals I was here on DCP congratulating BDs Guard for getting a perfect 20 in CG. In within minutes I was getting attacked from all angles by the ABBD crowd and Crown fans, pitch forks, lanterns etc. 

I was swiftly corrected and told that "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT SCORE IN DCI IN ANY CAPTION." BDs Guard had just got the maximum score allowed by judges. 

I took my butt kicking like a man and that would have been the end of it.................except 365 days later (Finals 2013) when Crowns brass popped a 20 on finals night, some of the very same people that attacked me the previous year, was here congratulating Crown on their "PERFECT" score..........................

When I questioned those people, they started backpedaling quicker than Deion Sanders covering Wide Receivers in his prime lol. Now that Crown got a 20, perfect scores are ok. 

That's when I learned a valuable lesson. If DCP likes you, it's a perfect score. If DCP doesn't like you, it's a maximum.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, corps8294 said:

For all the BD haters; there are also some BD super fans that love to stir the pot, too. I.E. "Naughty..." 

Thank you!  Certain posters flaunt and taunt on every single show thread.  It goes both ways.

It is inviting BD hate when their super fans post crap like "whack a crownie".

Of course, usually those people are about as incognito as they can be.  Stupid keyboard warriors.

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Reminds of 2012 Perfect vs Maximum on the sheets when I got shredded by the ABBD crowd and Crown fans.

That year shortly after finals I was here on DCP congratulating BDs Guard for getting a perfect 20 in CG. In within minutes I was getting attacked from all angles by the ABBD crowd and Crown fans, pitch forks, lanterns etc. 

I was swiftly corrected and told that "THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT SCORE IN DCI IN ANY CAPTION." BDs Guard had just got the maximum score allowed by judges. 

I took my butt kicking like a man and that would have been the end of it.................except 365 days later (Finals 2013) when Crowns brass popped a 20 on finals night, some of the very same people that attacked me the previous year, was here congratulating Crown on their "PERFECT" score..........................

When I questioned those people, they started backpedaling quicker than Deion Sanders covering Wide Receivers in his prime lol. Now that Crown got a 20, perfect scores are ok. 

That's when I learned a valuable lesson. If DCP likes you, it's a perfect score. If DCP doesn't like you, it's a maximum.

True.....and Alot of that in the world lately...lol

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

BD and a few others get the NOT FAIR label for doing things right I guess.

You call it doing it right. I call it the easy way out. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MBo1974 said:

Thank you!  Certain posters flaunt and taunt on every single show thread.  It goes both ways.

It is inviting BD hate when their super fans post crap like "whack a crownie".

Of course, usually those people are about as incognito as they can be.  Stupid keyboard warriors.

Oh, come on. If the Devils had designed that prop and popped up through the holes, you would have laughed at “whack a devil”!   And i would have, too.   Sometimes the truth hurts. Sometimes it’s hard. But sometimes the truth is funny!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CFC1905 said:

You call it doing it right. I call it the easy way out. 

I don't think saying what they do is easy is fair.  It may not appeal to the masses, and it may feel like wash, rinse, repeat to some, but it is not easy.

• Like 2