An intense frustration.

I don't understand how people cannot just learn to appreciate and respect what ALL of the corps do. I am not a fan of MANY of BD's shows over the years. That being said, what they do, they do EXCEPTIONALLY well. Like it or not, they discovered the best formula

The whole idea of designing to the sheets being the easy way out is akin to saying that prepping for an interview is cheating. If you know what they are essentially going to ask and you want to "win" the job, why in the h&*( would you NOT prepare to give yourself the best possible advantage? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

How has that Bingo resource worked out for BD over the years?  Not all orgs has a bingo to rely on.

What is your point? DCI is a trade org, not a franchise system. As such, members run their own org by their own terms.

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

Perhaps others should develop a revenue stream - just a thought. 

Agree.  What has helped BAC is creating a large and diversified BOD.  It allows for many varied opportunities to source assistance.  There are many career types included from many different corporate backgrounds.  A lot of trees to tap.

There is an example I look at for groups to achieve success.  There is a large crew for aircraft carriers.  Tasks are minor and focused in that each crew member has one job to excel at.  No one is steering the ship, flying the planes, landing the planes and cooking food. One person, one job.  But the job done well, contributes to a well run ship that competes a mission successfully.  In a  n environment line DC, expecting a few people to do well,  what many people actually should be doing, puts an unreasonable burden on the few, lowering tremendously the expectation of success.  Creating a foundation, constructed with an appropriate number of capable successful people, will provide a reasonable expectation of success, coupled with intelligent planning (and vision) checks & balances and visibility will put orgs on a path to success.

just my $.02.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CFC1905 said:

In terms of demand and innovation, Blue Devils have never “raised the bar.”  At no point in their history were they known as the corps who had the hardest drill, or hardest music book. They are rarely ever the crowd favorite. 

They’ve figured out a way to churn out the same old crap year after year and do it very cleanly. It’s like a conveyor belt at a fish factory. Very efficient but it still smells like fish. 

Don't hate. Imitate!  

But I understand it's MUCH easier to demean and diminish the success of others especially when you (not personally) don't have any. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Y'all, it's just band and band is fun. Let's have fun with this because there's a lot of infuriating crap in the world right now... Let's have fun and celebrate a successful season of our beloved activity

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Well if you don’t run it we a business you won’t have a corps. Plenty of defunct corps can attest to that.

If you think of it only in terms of a business.  It is a business of running a non profit youth org. is it not?  

6 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I think it's based off the fact that it was said that BD is very young this year and that's true. Look at the 2022 prediction thread, most had BD finishing 4th because they were so young and allegedly inexperienced, or because they didn't tour last year (which i found hilarious and utterly ridiculous).

So I think the consensus is that if BD is this good with a young nucleus of performers (by BD standards), wait until next year when they are all seasoned. I think there is a little truth to that. 

Of course BAC/Cadets/Cavies/Bloo/Crown/SCV will all have a say in this. They will all even be better than this year. 

Maybe a 2009-2015 BD reign is what we can expect, and that’s fine with me if the product as a whole just continues to improve(I think it will the more far removed from the worst of Covid we get) but I also do believe the corps right behind them are the best equipped they’ve ever been to challenge them, who knows what a corps like Bloo has in store for us the next few years? Crown…yeah we might need to get it together there and also take more risks🤐😂 SCV is a Titan, and Boston is continually ascending. And of course we do have some of the legacy old guard(Cadets, Phantom, Cavies) and what they might be able to pull off. People should stay excited for what’s to come even if BD has that Thanos “Dread it, run from it, destiny arrives all the same” hold in the trophy case😂we’ll just have to see!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Y'all, it's just band and band is fun. Let's have fun with this because there's a lot of infuriating crap in the world right now... Let's have fun and celebrate a successful season of our beloved activity

I'm with you Tony!  But could we not call it "band".....?  Gives me the creeps.

🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drum Corps Is Now a Bust said:

Let's get something straight about a situation that is rarely if ever discussed on fan sites like this. The success of the Blue Devils in the contemporary setting in which now live directly correlates to money. It's easy to raise the bar with the money BD has to throw out year after year and show after show. Most drum corps don't have the financial resources of BD to buy championship instruction and talent to match. It's about envy and jealousy for me. It's about who has the money in modern DCI. Money now determines who does well consistently and who rarely if ever will. There are non-profit organizations that attempt to achieve work much more important and serious than BD does and that attempt to fulfill their missions with much less financial resources than BD brings in year after year. My point is that money is buys championship and consistent placement in modern DCI more any other single factor. Raise the bar equates to spend more money.

There is no magic required to be a financially healthy and viable nonprofit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Agree.  What has helped BAC is creating a large and diversified BOD.  It allows for many varied opportunities to source assistance.  There are many career types included from many different corporate backgrounds.  A lot of trees to tap

new Cadets.org doing the same! Still think they need to get out of Allentown, ZERO money there, plus burnt bridges

• Like 2