An intense frustration.

3 minutes ago, MBo1974 said:

If moving the most (well) equated to winning, the championship list would look quite different than it does.

Exactly and that is why it’s a stupid argument.  Every corp works hard. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

Exactly and that is why it’s a stupid argument.  Every corp works hard. 

I can’t believe I forgot to mention the velvet knights.  They were the modern day bluecoats of their time.  Pure fun to watch and #### good corp. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CFC1905 said:

Listen, the “rigged” or “buying off the judges” arguments are absolutely asinine. The two arguments that hold water are 1) BD have a significant financial advantage, and 2) they design shows around the scoresheets. 

If other corps aren’t designing shows around the scoresheets, then what are they doing? Do you think other orgs don’t care about winning? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, corps8294 said:

Everyone has made some good points, either way. However, this thread is becoming such a dead horse, now; it's gotten to the point of becoming a "Neverending Story" horse. 

Oh man Artax in the Swamp of Sorrows scene....

...still too soon man....

46 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

How about this one: Compete.

If you want a band exposition then don’t score the shows.

This is my last response to you on this topic. If competition is the answer, then what is the goal of the competition? If it is simply to win a championship, is it worth the expense as a means to an end? I say, "no." The competition has to matter. What is the success? I'm not getting something profound from you on these questions.

Edited by Drum Corps Is Now a Bust

12 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

If other corps aren’t designing shows around the scoresheets, then what are they doing? Do you think other orgs don’t care about winning? 

See my original post waaaaay back at the beginning of this.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Everyone has made some good points, either way. However, this thread is becoming such a dead horse, now; it's gotten to the point of becoming a "Neverending Story" horse. 

"Grey's Anatomy Horse"

It just never ends. 

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 1