An intense frustration.

2 minutes ago, Drum Corps Is Now a Bust said:

Thank you for proving my point. If you have the money, you should win. If you don't and can't make the money as another organization, just suck it up. This isn't hating. This the culture DCI has created. You say "part." How much part???

How "much part"?  Staff continuity.  That's huge.

And no I did not "prove your point"  that's just your spin.  Organizations can have money and still not win.  There are plenty of examples of that inside and outside of Drum Corps.  

Blue Devils are just better than everyone else and they earned it on a level playing field.  And everyone worked in the same "culture DCI created".....whatever that is. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Drum Corps Is Now a Bust said:

Thank you for proving my point. If you have the money, you should win. If you don't and can't make the money as another organization, just suck it up. This isn't hating. This the culture DCI has created. You say "part." How much part???

SO GO MAKE SOME MONEY AND COMPETE. 

Is there really any other solution? If you know of one, please offer it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

You are saying things I did not say.

The pursuit of excellence in any activity requires resources. PERIOD.

It is literally impossible to succeed in any competitive venture without resources.

I currently work for a very well known technology company. I work alongside hundreds of very talented and very well paid people. Very few of these people would be at this company if they had no opportunity to succeed in their craft. The fact that they are paid well doesn’t mean they aren’t altruistic about their creative craft. In fact the two almost always go together. 

You and I are never going to agree so we should just agree to move on. Bottom line is, your idea of how DCI should run would lead to the end of the activity in about a year. So I choose the model that is working.

Agreed, we should move on. Again, you are allowed your opinion about DCI. I choose to spend my money elsewhere.

Yall are complaining too loud. I'm turning up my sick BD mixtape🎧 Just make sure all the straw from your strawman arguments doesn't get into my speakers

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, CFC1905 said:

Totally unbiased opinions 

I didn’t say I was unbiased.  You said bd doesn’t have the best of anything.  The phantom Spartacus show was a classic example.  It was a great show but no one moved more than BD that year. Go back and watch 2002.  Heck one of my favorite shows ever is 86 BD. 

And very few corps challenge their members as much as bd does.  I would say their are about 8 great corps  I love all of them.  I also love watching smaller corps because I appreciate them and love the activity. 

I stand by the fact that your post smacked of ignorance. Go watch a BD practice.  Nothing gets by their instructors and their love of drum corps shines every time.  

To show you not all of my favorite shows are not just BD. Here is a list of just some of my favorites 

86 Skyriders  used to really enjoy sun coast sound and spirit of atlanta   

88 and 89 SCV. All top 3 in 88 were amazing 

84 cadets but I have grown to love pretty much every cadet show  

Crown inferno is amazing.   Bluecoats 87 Tilt and this year are fantastic   I love Boston this year but actually liked 2019 better.  Cavies have had lots of great shows. 

Every single year there are phenomenal shows and I love all of them  

I will admit my favorite show ever is 2017 BD.  The problem with your thinking is that you can’t just enjoy BD. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

I didn’t say I was unbiased.  You said bd doesn’t have the best of anything.  The phantom Spartacus show was a classic example.  It was a great show but no one moved more than BD that year. Go back and watch 2002.  Heck one of my favorite shows ever is 86 BD. 

If moving the most (well) equated to winning, the championship list would look quite different than it does.

24 minutes ago, Drum Corps Is Now a Bust said:

You make it sound so easy. How about this one? Be content with what you have.

How about this one: Compete.

If you want a band exposition then don’t score the shows.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1