Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Is "Skippy" in charge of parking as well?  He was all "smiles" on the sideline last week; looked like he was in an episode of "Glee"... :whistle:

I have no idea who does it now but my friend who did it for decades doesn’t even come to Indy anymore. It’s sad how they treat people. 

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

That does sound like an issue.  I noticed there weren't people in the upper upper deck when they showed the crowd this year.  In the past, there's some videos that have people up there.   That could be designated MM/staff laynard areas.  But...i suspect since no one was up there, part of the LoS deal was to have that shut off entirely and having it open would incur additonal cost.  Perhaps the sides?   I dunno. They're not optimal seats but they would give a place for those folks to go.  

But that would rely on enforcement as well as people do just wander around looking for seats to scavenge.  

I was in section 640 during semi's and there was not an empty seat to be had in the entire 600's  on the performance side.  During finals I went on the field for my corps then I found a seat in the end zone.    

I have had experience with kids taking seats during shows. Once my friend sitting next to me went to use the restroom and a kid with a badge just plopped into her seat. I had to forcefully get him to move so she could get back to her seat

I expect to see shows  from the 20 yard line when I am getting in with a DCI badge.   We tell the kids to sit in the fringe areas. I know some do a hot seat with their friends and parents. they will sit in moms seat for a corps or two , then move to another seat of a party member when they leave and I have seen sitting on a lap before

9 hours ago, totaleefree said:

I was in section 640 during semi's and there was not an empty seat to be had in the entire 600's  on the performance side.  During finals I went on the field for my corps then I found a seat in the end zone.    

I have had experience with kids taking seats during shows. Once my friend sitting next to me went to use the restroom and a kid with a badge just plopped into her seat. I had to forcefully get him to move so she could get back to her seat

I expect to see shows  from the 20 yard line when I am getting in with a DCI badge.   We tell the kids to sit in the fringe areas. I know some do a hot seat with their friends and parents. they will sit in moms seat for a corps or two , then move to another seat of a party member when they leave and I have seen sitting on a lap before

It seems like everyone and their mother had badges this year.  No one cared to look at what privileges the tiers of badges had and people were roaming freely as they pleased.  Some took advantage of it.  They need to find some other way to separate staff from the VIPs, HOF and top tier staff like the designers /directors.  The color codes were too hard to distinguish as there were 5-6 tiers of badges.  That or educate the staff of these corps about etiquette.  I kicked some out of our seats on finals but at least they were apologetic and nicely complied.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

It seems like everyone and their mother had badges this year.  No one cared to look at what privileges the tiers of badges had and people were roaming freely as they pleased.  Some took advantage of it.  They need to find some other way to separate staff from the VIPs, HOF and top tier staff like the designers /directors.  The color codes were too hard to distinguish as there were 5-6 tiers of badges.  That or educate the staff of these corps about etiquette.  I kicked some out of our seats on finals but at least they were apologetic and nicely complied.  

There are different levels of badges?  I didn’t know that. 

We had several seat surfers in our section (139).  They all vacated peaceably when the seat holders arrived. A few MM seemed amazed these seats were all reserved.

At Semis, there was a 30ish couple seated beside me that wasn't there at Prelims. We decided to leave after Crown as we'd see the remaining Corps at Finals plus too many interruptions between performances. I asked them if they had tickets to those seats. They truthfully said no, so I told them to take ours for the rest of the evening.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

There are different levels of badges?  I didn’t know that. 

Use to be, unsure about today.  Saw in the elevator this weekend at least that many different types of badges stadium staff were supposed to be aware of.  

I use to get some of those bad boys over the years, including all access badges.  Stadium staff would actually check to let you go in certain areas such as the press box or field level.  Wrong badge and they would turn you away.     

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Use to be, unsure about today.  Saw in the elevator this weekend at least that many different types of badges stadium staff were supposed to be aware of.  

I use to get some of those bad boys over the years, including all access badges.  Stadium staff would actually check to let you go in certain areas such as the press box or field level.  Wrong badge and they would turn you away.     

• Haha 1

I like to get there super early, find my seat and put down a sweatshirt or something that will remain there anytime I’m gone.  

So far no one has had the audacity to plant their butt on my stuff.  But I guess I would merely be surprised, and not shocked, if it happened.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I’m the hoi polloi rabble.  No badge. 😂 

• Haha 2