Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

This is insane. 4 long snake lines until you even start the sidewalk to the East gate.  Get here now.  Confusing where this line starts.  Took 15 min to find that. 

There’s no one directing people where to go. I KNEW it would be a cluster**** with the new ticketing procedure. 

Rose Bowl also had clear bag policy which caused some problems for us. If they have a metal detector, why do we need clear bags?

We went straight to the East gate to scope out the situation. The line for no bags/purses wasn't too bad. We worked our way over to the with bags entrance and headed towards the end. LUCKILY, it ended just down the steps. The line to the right looks like the one winding around the stadium. I guess ours opened just recently.

Total wait time about 10-15 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, lawdn said:

Got in line 5’ ago. I don’t think we will be returning to Finals week. The corps are amazing but with prices and hassles and poor behavior rising, no longer going to be worth it. 

This is the first year I don’t have FOMO I guess 😬. When is the contract up with Lucas Oil? Can we please have finals on the west coast again some day?  My first live drum corps show ever was finals at the Rose Bowl in ‘07. It was splendid. I was a goner. 

Wow.  The seats are so empty still.  What a crapshow DCI.

• Like 1

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana, home of the 2022 Drum Corps International World Championships! My name is Kevin Gamin, Managing News Editor of Drum Corps Planet, and I am here to give you LIVE! From the Stands coverage of tonight’s competition. It’s the culmination of the North American junior corps season, and, if you are aware of the results from Semifinals yesterday, there’s a lot of excitement from top to bottom with tonight’s Top 12 corps.

There were some rain drops as I arrived at the stadium about an hour ago, though nothing substantial. What was substantial was the line of people waiting to enter the stadium, stretching from the South Gate, around the corner where Peyton Manning’s statue is located, and all the way down the street and beyond. With paid attendance records for Prelims and Semis this year, and all front side seats already sold out, I expect to see the Side 1 end zone packed as well once everybody is in the stadium.

We were scheduled to begin the opening ceremonies at 5:30 PM Eastern, just a few minutes prior to this post, but there’s nobody currently at the podium set up at the 50 yard line, so I’m thinking DCI is delaying the start of the show to allow more fans to enter the stadium.

Here is my view for today’s show:

52283604518_33b73cce32_h.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

They seem to be, at the very least dragging their feet with the timing of the show as people filter in.

Dan Potter's naming of the corps was.    Very.     Paced.

Now we're seeing shots of LoS and apparently waiting for the INpact band.