Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

2 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Not to sound creepy… 

but with all the mass shootings I believe these new policies are put in place as a preventative deterrent. Ive also notices some police presence as well. While it sucks, it’s better to be safe then sorry

Didn't they have the metal detectors and other protocols in place before? 

DCI is aware of the situation, and there is nothing they can do about it. This is on the Lucas Oil side, I don’t think they were prepared for this weekend. According to one DCI official I spoke with, Lucas Oil officials say they don’t have enough scanners. Translation, they don’t have enough people to work the scanners.

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Trumpet2 said:

They have metal detectors every year 

They’ve had them every year but they haven’t been online 

also first year of really enforcing clear bag policy and checking bags. It used to be a free for all

Edited by GREENBLUE

And, of course, the classic Stars & Stripes closer, complete with DM-led company front on the 50.

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

They’ve had them every year but they haven’t been online 

Really? I thought they were. Interesting 

Just now, kdaddy said:

Didn't they have the metal detectors and other protocols in place before? 

I’ve been to every finals since 2004 and this is the first time I can remember them actually using the metal detector. They’ve always been here but never used

18 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Okay…. All of you that are stopping at the first line you see as u cross from downtown ….DONT!!! We kept walking to the side and got in under 10 minutes. Everyone’s stopping at the first concession stand they see…..DONT… as of this writing there is no line at all at the concessions in the wynnbet club. 50 yard line. Work smarter not harder. Have fun!!

Same, it took us a little over 10 minutes to get in... walked pass the first large line we saw. Hopefully things speed up for everyone else.

FYI - there is a thread on the WC forum page where we are trying to determine how many years of Drum Corps marching experience, and total marching experience are on DCP.  If you haven't yet please go over there at some point & submit your experience.  I'll tally it all up tomorrow.

As today is probably the largest DCP crowd, I'll mention this again during intermission

52283932149_61db4adb0d_h.jpg

• Like 1