Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

Just now, MidWAmericanArts said:

Oh come on, you call kids meh/yawn and he's the childish one?

Oh FFS. Nobody is criticizing the performers/“kids.” But people might not be happy with the choices being made by the adults in the activity 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Quad Aces said:

Not trying to be.  Just stating an opinion from someone who’s been around the activity for 35 years.  And if you look around, you’ll see that I’m not the only one who feels that way.

But you do you - it’s all good.

Grace is being happy for everyone out there tonight and not using their win to restate the same dull, downer opinion you’ve been able to express about them every other day of the summer (speaking of reruns…). If you’re old enough to have been in the activity for 35 years then you’re old enough to be a good sport for just one night. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sutasaurus said:

Already did!

Honestly, the Drum Corps Radio stream is more than enough to keep me entertained with my subscription! 

• Like 1

Well done Bloo, what a dash to the silver medal and winning drums! Really thought just a week ago that 4th was going to be it

• Like 3

Just now, fanman said:

Oh FFS. Nobody is criticizing the performers/“kids.” But people might not be happy with the choices being made by the adults in the activity 

No seriously, your kid performs in the school play and someone starts going on about how the performance was meh/yawn? You don't think that hurts kids?

I know it has just became commonplace to be terrible on DCP, but I guess I feel the need to stick up for the performers who work all summer long to be called meh/yawn.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DWW11 said:

Kinda blows that whole slotting theory to shreds. 

It’s kinda weird though that there was constant interruption the first two nights, intermission this, presentation that. I kinda threw both prelims and semis scores into the garbage and just waited to see a(nearly) back-to-back uninterrupted all-the-way-through finals show

• Like 1