Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Ya i realize that. But Crown has the third-highest score value, is what I’m saying. Silver is technically a single slot, yet it’s occupied by two corps. Letting Crown be bronze for having the third-highest numerical score isn’t that much more arbitrary!

Doesn't change the fact that Crown had the fourth highest score, with three corps receiving a higher score. Crown is literally in fourth place. It doesn't make any sense to say they were third.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Can you explain the formula to me? Is it the use of jazz? Modern dance? Using voiceovers in other languages? White props? I genuinely don't see anything similar to 2019 or other years, other than that they are the Blue Devils.

I think you misunderstood my post entirely.  😃

• Haha 2

Just now, MikeRapp said:

No other competitive org does it that way. In the Olympics if two tie for silver there is no bronze.

The olympics gives gold medals in skeet shooting. we’re better than that 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Ya i realize that. But Crown has the third-highest score value, is what I’m saying. Silver is technically a single slot, yet it’s occupied by two corps. Letting Crown be bronze for having the third-highest numerical score isn’t that much more arbitrary!

After searching info on this, it does make sense that Crown is 4th and no medal.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I wonder what BAC’s gonna bring next year 

I am ready for...

Paradise Found! 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Congrats to all the performers and all of the family members who supported them who decide to come check out the board. Just laugh at the salty posters like the rest of us do.  They are not the norm. 

Magnificent performances and a very special season for every performer, and it was great talking to all of the good folks on here!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

What lack of etiquette??  I posted a thought out post that has a different opinion.  Sorry if you can’t accept that someone doesn’t share the same as yours.

I didn’t attack anyone.  Now on the other hand…

Time to move along - you do you, it’s all good!

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Silver is not a slot, it’s an award for 2nd place. I can’t think of a single competitive event that’s gives third place to someone that’s has three people/groups in front of them. 

• Like 1