Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

oh boy, already seeing comments on youtube and instagram saying BD rigged it and that somehow BD didn't deserve anything.... when will they learn to appreciate art?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisn96 said:

Silver is not a slot, it’s an award for 2nd place. I can’t think of a single competitive event that’s gives third place to someone that’s has three people/groups in front of them. 

yeah yeah

6 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

After searching info on this, it does make sense that Crown is 4th and no medal.

You could also say in an ordinal system if there is a tie anywhere, it would go 1 2 2 4, not 1 2 2 3. It’s not a perfect comparison but y’all know what I mean lol

6 hours ago, Trumpet2 said:

I’ve never waited in a line to get into the stadium at 4:30 PM. 

We’re you there today? The line for the East  Gate side was around the building to West South St. And had three loops around twice the length of the building on the South Capital side. I’ve never had to wait, but I did this year. People ranting on DCP and FB are accurate. People from about 4:30 until about 7 had to wait at least 30 minutes, most between an hour and an hour and a half. There are photos on Twitter and FB that show the lines. My guess is it will be blamed on a shortage of workers.

Edited by Tim K

1 minute ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

You could also say in an ordinal system if there is a tie anywhere, it would go 1 2 2 4, not 1 2 2 3. It’s not a perfect comparison but y’all know what I mean lol

Could you imagine other they went 1223. They would have to start the scores with “in 11th place”

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Liahona said:

This is actually incorrect. There is no tie breaking policy.

tie-breaker-policy

Policy and Procedures Manual, Page 14 (Updated May 2021)

I stand corrected.  I thought that a tie breaker had been put in place after 2000 (2nd year in a row with a tie for first place). 

• Like 1