Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

37 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

It would have to be 1984 or later as ticks were used through 1983.  Scores jumped a good bit in 1984 with the change in system 

And @wvu80 Mandarins set a record for highest 10th place score in 2019 with 89.3. So this year was definitely the first time 10 corps scored 90 in Finals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

I think if you do your research you'll find that in the past, 10 corps have scored 90 and above.  I don't remember what year but I think it was in the 1980's.

I think if you do your research you'll find that it's never happened before tonight. In fact, rarely does 9th place score 90 or above. In 2019 Mandarins set a new record high score for 10th place in DCI finals with 89.300.

Edit: From a friend of mine: "Since 1984, when scoring resulted in 7 or more corps achieving a 90, the most frequent lowest placement with a 90 was 8th, followed by 7th. Only 3 times did a 9th place corps achieve a 90."

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

This is actually incorrect. There is no tie breaking policy.

tie-breaker-policy

Policy and Procedures Manual, Page 14 (Updated May 2021)

Thank goodness for this.  Any policy they follow would be seen as arbitrary and questioned by the party that comes out on the short end.  

For first place, only two options seem fair to me.  Either put them back out there for one more judged show (which I can well imagine might not be feasible) or accept the tie and leave it as is.  

For all others, accept the tie and leave it as is.  

7 minutes ago, TenHut said:

Why in the world are the caption awards an average of the last 3 shows rather than the finals performance? This makes no sense to me whatsoever.  Nothing against bloo, but that's a 3rd or 4th place drum line.

3 out of 3 judges this weekend disagree with you.

And it's not just drumline on the sheets.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, TenHut said:

Why in the world are the caption awards an average of the last 3 shows rather than the finals performance? This makes no sense to me whatsoever.  Nothing against bloo, but that's a 3rd or 4th place drum line.

If it’s a third or fourth place drum line, how did it score better than the “better” 2 or 3 over the course of three nights?  

• Like 4

For the kids who marched Bloo and Pulse last winter,  they won WGI and DCI drums within 4 months.  Incredible.   They'll never forget 2022.

3 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

at the moment I’m in a butter pecan phase. I basically like anything that isn’t overly sweet (or has a salty/savory component to combat that)

I highly recommend Jeni’s Gooey Butter Cake ice cream for you then. If there isn’t a Jeni’s shop around you, then you can get their pints at Whole Foods. I’d love to know what you think! 

47 minutes ago, TenHut said:

First incorrect.  Second it’s not the drumline trophy.  It’s the percussion trophy.  

• Like 3