Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

Make a paper scan line and a device line.  Bets on paper line being a lot faster.

Was an interesting year. In the middle 200 and 300 sections, no one was there enforcing the gates. There were a couple at the main entry points but that was it.  It was a free for all and definitely looked under-staffed.  Indy itself was bad too.  Hostesses were cleaning tables and doing other duties. Restaurants not full but some with pretty long wait times due to lack of wait staff.  We live in different times now and my problems and getting upset are little compared to others. I will plan better and hope DCI will too.   

• Like 3

I have to shout out to ALL brass and percussion for outstanding growth in the movement area. I expect great movement skills from the guard but in the past as much as I was glad the rest of the corps attempted some movement and sculpting it was cringe worthy at times and often the same corps to corps.

WOW, this year I was drawn to some pretty great musical and unique body skills from the brass and percussion. Congrats to you all , it was great, entertaining as well as skillfully done. Bravo !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/14/2022 at 1:29 PM, George Dixon said:
On 8/14/2022 at 1:09 PM, Weaklefthand4ever said:

followed the DM?

Many front ensembles are notorious for listening instead of watching the conductor. They often have their eyes glued to the tone bars. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JohnDF said:

Let's not forget that the Final are staffed by local volunteers trying to raise funds for local sports... they are not paid employees.

Say what?? The LOS staff are volunteers?  How does that raise $$ for local sports? Does DCI or LOS make donations instead of paying the staff? 

9 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Say what?? The LOS staff are volunteers?  How does that raise $$ for local sports? Does DCI or LOS make donations instead of paying the staff? 

I have had winter programs work at arenas and their pay went to the org.  and /or their dues. It was a way to fundraise for themselves and they actually always had a great time,,,so they said anyway,

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I had the same issue at the Annapolis, MD show. And the guy w/ a lanyard was very pushy trying to sit in my friends seat (you know, the expensive ones which I PAID FOR) he was trying to push past me to take the seat after I said no, it's taken - I literally had to stand up face to face with the dude and say "it's not available, go steal someone else's seat, because you're not stealing this one" in a very firm manner. 

I had no issues getting in the building, but I definitely relate to this complaint. All night long we had young people in lanyards - ostensibly marching members and staff - who would pop in to the section looking for an available seat. And because those would be hard to find, they'd stay standing right up until the start of the show and until someone had to ask them forcefully to leave.

My section is a popular one, and tickets go for $150 each. Any empty seat is going to belong to someone, and is only open because they're late arriving, or at concessions or the restroom. Which ensures a confrontation when they get there and someone is in their seat. This is poor policy, and something for which I directly blame DCI. I get why staff and performers should be allowed in without having to purchase a ticket. But there needs to be a section set aside for that purpose, or some other plan in place that doesn't promote scavenging. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

why confused?..lol

Because there was no surprise emoticon. I’m surprised that such a big event and venue does not have a better staffing solution. There was inadequate admission, concession, and security staff… and completely unnecessary staff members operating the elevators (ffs, I can push my own button… they’re literally doing nothing else, except taking up space and making the process slower).

Just now, Ediker said:

Because there was no surprise emoticon. I’m surprised that such a big event and venue does not have a better staffing solution. There was inadequate admission, concession, and security staff… and completely unnecessary staff members operating the elevators (ffs, I can push my own button… they’re literally doing nothing else, except taking up space and making the process slower).

Oh sorry , wasnt talking about LOS just that some arenas have had volunteers to fundraise. Of   course, should be trained and in the past when I had members do this they had to be trained and were not left alone so that the customer had a competent person helping them. Sometimes they would also sell event t shirts etc etc.

• Like 1