Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I’m confused. A tie for 2nd.

Does  that make Crown 3rd?  Is there a bronze?  

There were three corps that scored better than Crown ... so no.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, squarepush said:

Save it LOL the Blue Devils literally just won and you're on here ####### on them who's the childish one

So they just won (but not literally BTW), does that mean I can’t have a different opinion than you?

And if you look around, you’ll see I’m not the only one that shares this opinion.

But you do you - it’s all good!

6 minutes ago, fanman said:

Tie breaker should be an Ultimate drill book relay race 

I'm submitting a rule change to the DCI rules committee to resolve ties, to be implemented in 2023.

"In case of a tie, corps should choose their best sections and have them report to the parking lot to duke it out, like they apparently did in the 1970's."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As much as I am okay with the tie, if you want a good tiebreaker that would make everybody happy, make it whoever wins more of the fan vote.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

There were three corps that scored better than Crown ... so no.

That always confuses me because three CORPS scored better than Crown, but there were only two SCORES above Crown …. Fourth corps fine, but scorewise how is that not third *place*? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trump1 said:

What a tremendous evening!  Please set aside your individual issues for the moment & celebrate the awesome performances you witnessed this evening.  That's what this is supposed to be about.

You're right. Sorry all! Ticked, but it's better to just let it go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Grace is being happy for everyone out there tonight and not using their win to restate the same dull, downer opinion you’ve been able to express about them every other day of the summer (speaking of reruns…). If you’re old enough to have been in the activity for 35 years then you’re old enough to be a good sport for just one night. 

I mentioned this point literally one other time during the Summer - after San Antonio, so relax and don’t over exaggerate.

And you can be a good sport and respect someone else’s difference of opinion.

It’s all good, though - you do you!!

1 minute ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

No seriously, your kid performs in the school play and someone starts going on about how the performance was meh/yawn? You don't think that hurts kids?

I know it has just became commonplace to be terrible on DCP, but I guess I feel the need to stick up for the performers who work all summer long to be called meh/yawn.

I’m sure the other guy can defend himself but I didn’t remotely think he was saying the performance by the kids was meh/yawn. But you made it about kids. Good for you. 

The BD design choices by the adults are yawn/meh because some of us find them totally repetitive, and the adults in the activity have designed a judging system that some people believe rewards repetitive choices 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2