Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

10 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I can usually see why Blue Devils win and this year is no exception. I did not find this year’s show as flawless as other years, but three of the four performances I saw were spot on, and the one that was not was against a corps that also did not have its best run. I think I watched them more carefully this year since Boston Crusaders were so good and I wanted at least one victory over BD by BAC. Actually I wanted a title for Boston Crusaders, but that’s another story.

Regarding kids wanting to win and joining Blue Devils, I’m not sure that Blue Devils is the destination corp it used to be. Over the years I’ve talked with BD marching members and parents, usually at the airport where. I am right Nile, and I hear more stories about nurturing talent and the reliance of the corps on vets. Maybe I am just talking with a small group and what I say may be anecdotal. Blue Devils could have a good number of one and done folks who just want to win, but it’s not the entire corps.

while the scores where announced we were expecting BD to win by a full 2 points... and we have no bias here... we're fans of the southern corps of the 80's,, however, we were surprised Boston didn't own 2nd place.    Kids want to join BD not just for winning... it's an incredible experience and anyway.. who would fault a kid shooting for the best experience and biggest challenge....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DWW11 said:

Look at it this way: when ABBD reuses a sequence (or a drill, sound, idea) it’s lovingly referred to as an Easter Egg. When BD does it, it is called a formula!  😎

gotta love Blueanon conspiracies

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

For a fan base whose favorite corps just won ANOTHER championship - they sure are a whiney bunch 🤣

Grow some thicker skin (would be my advice) - calling a formulaic show "a formulaic show" is nothing but calling a spade a spade. The complaining about the Blue Devils is literally NOTHING compared to the whining about the Cadets in the 80s, or Star in the early 90s.

welll.......no.

there was just no social media then. 

4 hours ago, kdaddy said:

Heading to O'Hare in my rental car, and what pops on the radio?

Moon River (Andy Williams version)

youtube.com/watch?v=twRX28wf-n0

Edited by Jeff Ream

15 minutes ago, iggymen said:

while the scores where announced we were expecting BD to win by a full 2 points... and we have no bias here... we're fans of the southern corps of the 80's,, however, we were surprised Boston didn't own 2nd place.    Kids want to join BD not just for winning... it's an incredible experience and anyway.. who would fault a kid shooting for the best experience and biggest challenge....

I believe someone aged out there that marched stars in 19, coats in 21, and BD this year. It's about learning from different people for a lot. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

LOS handles 60,000 NFL fans eight times a year. It’s all about how much you can pay them to staff appropriately. If you only open three gates then it doesn’t matter where you go. You cannot squeeze 20,000 people through three gates in an hour.

From an Indianapolis friend these issues have happened lately for other events including football. 

Does anyone have a 2022 rule book, don’t see it online. I saw the bloo Drum major throw her sunglasses into the audience after saluting. I’m really glad they didn’t get a penalty but was wondering if they could have based on the current rules.  🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Does anyone have a 2022 rule book, don’t see it online. I saw the bloo Drum major throw her sunglasses into the audience after saluting. I’m really glad they didn’t get a penalty but was wondering if they could have based on the current rules.  🤷🏻‍♂️

She missed, fwiw. That’s why she was laughing.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

They asked Tony if they could do it. He posted it all on Twitter. 

https://twitter.com/finpeemurdoc/status/1557929746725478406?t=BMYwwM3fbppUbQIBpduoVA&s=19

Edited by BlueStainGlass
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

She missed, fwiw. That’s why she was laughing.

We weren’t sure! But it was still a cool move. We were in row 10 right there and I saw it get passed up to a women in first few rows but wasn’t sure where it originally landed.