Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

On 8/13/2022 at 11:48 PM, saxfreq1128 said:

two score values were better, i’m saying. tie scores = scores with the same number value

If I have a stack of 10 quarters, two stacks of 9 quarters, and a stack of 8 quarters, the stack of 8 quarters is still the fourth largest stack.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 11:58 PM, Terri Schehr said:

1g1o85.gif

FINALLY, the Ghostbusters show we all have been waiting for!

• Haha 3

On 8/14/2022 at 12:35 AM, FaustianMachine said:

Performing their 2023 production "Missle-Like Object..."

Vuvuzelas finally make it onto the field.

• Haha 2

On 8/14/2022 at 12:48 PM, Mikah said:

When I watched live broadcast and now while watching the replay, I noticed a horrible echo when the Commandant's Own marched in. 

I've never marched in LOS.  I wonder if the kids marching can hear an echo?

Only echo I remember from our performance on Friday night was whenever we cut off and our sound resonated through the stadium.

5 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

That does sound like an issue.  I noticed there weren't people in the upper upper deck when they showed the crowd this year.  In the past, there's some videos that have people up there.   That could be designated MM/staff laynard areas.  But...i suspect since no one was up there, part of the LoS deal was to have that shut off entirely and having it open would incur additonal cost.  Perhaps the sides?   I dunno. They're not optimal seats but they would give a place for those folks to go.  

But that would rely on enforcement as well as people do just wander around looking for seats to scavenge.  

they had it dark up there, but when they got the backfield shots during Crown showing everyones phones going off, people were there unless Crown planted a #### ton of phones up there

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

true but i didnt see limitations at all this year.. ( as you say a good designing but also to bring them up to a high quality not just for the sake of doing it )I loved it and was so impressed by so many of them

no i saw finally for the first time top to bottom body stuff for drummers that made sense with the drum they were wearing. Granted still an over abundance of poop squat visuals across the board, but hey i'll take wins where i can get them

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I heard from a little bird this morning that a lot of DCI parking volunteers are not returning next season. Something like 90%.

Is "Skippy" in charge of parking as well?  He was all "smiles" on the sideline last week; looked like he was in an episode of "Glee"... :whistle:

There's a definite theme for this season.  This comment alerted me under the DCI post on FB from a college friend:

"Stood in line for the MTSU show for literally hours ..only one gate open for entrance ..purchased premium club level tickets and did not have access to the elevator to that level. It was beyond disappointing! Sorry to hear this was the same situation at championships."  

Check out the FB posts & comments from the Denton & Murfreesboro show...

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

21 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I heard they weren't even scanning tickets at times. Unless that was just a Thursday/Friday thing. 

They couldn’t get my ticket to scan on Thursday.  So they told me to go ahead... 🤔

They were able to scan Friday & Saturday. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx