Saturday, August 13th 5:30 PM ET “DCI World Championship Finals” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, Indiana

Just now, tedrick said:

What the HAiL! that's an overlong intro mood setting -- 

penalty?

We can't hear anything on the flo except the canned mood music - 

hornline is getting covered up

They're usually on the field before that mood music starts.  It's all 'pre-show'.  I think the addition of the extend video intro thing before they actually take the field made it longer tonight cause the guy just started playing it the whole time. 

I remember when SCV played this as part of their Force of Nature show. What a different feel to this music when used in a completely different theme and mood.

Horn line is POWERFUL. You can tell the members are HYPED.

Cellist is getting set up at the top of the rig. I didn’t realize how high up she is.

• Like 1

A lot good memories of the Troopers when I first saw them in 71.   No one marched as well as Troopers.  And still to this day, no one else has.   No one.

Are the Troopers show designers trying to say something about the energy industry? Voracious -- we are voracious because we need petroleum and coal for transportation and to generate electricity?

Really ironic considering how the drum corps activity couldn't exist if it were not for huge amounts of diesel and electricity -- 

What is this show a statement about?

• Like 2

Just now, kevingamin said:

I remember when SCV played this as part of their Force of Nature show. What a different feel to this music when used in a completely different theme and mood.

Horn line is POWERFUL. You can tell the members are HYPED.

Cellist is getting set up at the top of the rig. I didn’t realize how high up she is.

I think they rig her up with a safety harness. (I know I would want one!)

The troopers have 16 contras!

• Like 1

I don't care where this show places, I am just overjoyed that Troopers made finals

• Like 4

The guard now comes out from behind the rig in shimmering gold covers while the cellist plays a medley of Ecstasy of Gold and Nothing Else Matters.

Am I correct in remembering that Metallica used Ecstasy of Gold in some way?