2023 Season Predictions

I was too busy making the thread on reddit to make it on here too! 

Bluecoats

Blue Devils

Boston Crusaders

The Cadets

Carolina Crown

Blue Stars

Santa Clara Vanguard

The Cavaliers

Phantom Regiment

Troopers

Mandarins

Crossmen

• Like 2

I predict there will be a competitive season in 2023 (I even bought the tickets, so I have skin in the game)

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Crowd engagement becomes a caption! Crown and bloo tie for first! Boston fights off phantom for 3rd and Devils fall to 12 barely knocking troopers out of finals! Judges threaten to go on strike for not controlling the slotting anymore 😉

Edited by Den8uml
  • Haha 4

Hmmmm….

Keep in mind I’m very often ABBD in my predictions ‘cause I go heart over head a lot and I have favorites😝

My prediction that I believe to be a certainty though is that 2023 will be better than 2022, straight up. It might not end up being, but I think that’s my most confident prediction out of anything. 

Bloo- they have to be up near the top somewhere, they are crazy consistent

BD-hit and slap the fans in face even harder, keep building that brass sound, and the naysaying fans will come around(maybe change the formula a tad, but you do you lol)

Boston- I believe they can retain a medal spot maybe I’m selling them short, who knows, they’re still ascending! The staff, the talent that will flock to them this fall and spring, they’re set up nicely😎

SCV- the whole visual caption drama that happened is something I only have a very vague idea and knowledge about, my understanding is that Vanguard is in a bit of flux right now in the design team, I do hope they can figure things out in time for next season but they might be struggling to gain ground on the corps above them

Crown- they slide, but I think they’ll have a show that’s more universally appealing, and less gimmicky. A TOP TIER Crown hornline and not a high tier one would definitely be helpful in assisting, as well as perhaps a bit more of a “meaningful” show theme and design. Might be underselling them too

Cadets-it’s all about retention and talent acquisition for y’all, the design team has rounded into form at least for many, people are very pleased with what Cadets put out this year, I wonder what direction they’ll be going for their show theme next year. Maybe you guys are being undersold, or maybe there’s still a year or two left to truly contend for top 5, we’ll see!

Phantom- I believe in them, I truly do. I do wonder how the visual design team will grow in their approach to next year’s show. The veterans that stick around for 2023 handled a very demanding show of theirs this year, hopefully the staff realizes that, and continues to challenge them. Addressing refinement from the music staff to the performers, variety, and just well-executed recruitment will help them immensely.

Blue Stars- I have no idea where they could be, so very nearly taking 6th from Cadets on finals night bodes so well for them. Maybe they’ll go a bit more bombastic on the music and visual design next year, and they’re building an incredibly talented and capable membership, I hope they can keep it going next year! I predict they slide a tad but not much.

Cavaliers- y’all could slide back up to 4th or 5th and make me look foolish, and I’d be perfectly happy with that, I wasn’t in love with this year’s show at all, to be perfectly honest, but if they get the design and all the other pieces right, they slide up several spots from my predictions. Good luck to them!!

Mandarins- Y’all get better, you do, and that’s what we want from all corps this coming year, recruitment will be big for them. People rave a lot about their staff, I honestly don’t know too much about Mandarins as an org and their big players, but y’all have some great momentum, keep it going!

Blue Knights- maybe this was just a year with some slight misfortune for them. I certainly didn’t care for their show much at all this year, not to be harsh, but I think with corps so steadily improving being a “late bloomer” as many say will be too late for y’all to make it into finals. I want them to start off with a design and music program that POPS right off the bat, if they do and I see that, I feel much more confident in my prediction of their return to finals, if they have that “it” show maybe they climb higher than 11th!

Troopers- I want to see where they can grow from here, I want them to stay in top 12, we know their identity, the aggressive, All-American corps. I would go with my safe pick in Crossmen for 12th and it’s probably more likely that they get in ahead of Troop, but I don’t know what Crossmen’s identity is at the moment, I don’t know what they are and it hurts them imo. Maybe they recruit well and the design ALONG with talent can carry Crossmen to a more lofty finish than even 12th in 2023, but for now, my prediction is Troopers!

Edited by Vidal28Rdg
  • Like 2

WOOO! I'M HYPED!! I don't have any specific predictions right now but I'll say this. 2022 was a mind-blowing year for me. Every corps, even ones I didn't like/care about before impressed me. I think 2022's gonna be a tough act to follow since everyone really brought their A game this year.

• Like 2