2023 Season Predictions

13 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I"m thinking of how many marchers were marching their first seasons this year after the COVID break and looking forward to 2023 season being phenomenal.

I’m guessing in Open Class, about 1/2 to 2/3rds were rookies. Troopers was a young corps. Crossmen looked on the younger end too.

1 hour ago, MedicineMan said:

I think that you may need to go back to your OUIJA board.

1.  Troopers; had an amazing 2022 year.  I love their tenacity and grit ; they connected with the DCI audience and were a well deserved 2022 finalist.  But for them to come in 10th place next year, they would have to beat the Mandarins and stay ahead of the likes of the Colts, Crossmen, Blue Knights, and a much improved Madison ensemble.  And who knows what the off year will bring to Music City, Academy, and the real unknown :  Spirit.  Thats a lot of competition coming after you.  I would also say that its a good bet that the Crossmen and Blue Knights will fix their program design issues for 2023 and will be back in the Saturday night show.

2.  Cadets ;  another great season.  They too were spectacular in 2022; but to advance to medal contention  in 2023 with the likes of the current top 5 is a very tall order.  These organizations are set up to be perennial top 3 corps.  Personally;  I would switch Vanguard for Cadets.

3.  BAC;  this one I would agree with you.  An absolutely amazing 2022 is only going to get better in 2023.

Everything you mentioned sounds right. I agree with this. 

47 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Concerning number 1 - BAC was in 12th only a few seasons ago

Sure ; 2016 # 12    2017 # 6 ; but that came with an incredible staff change that had already achieved significant greatness and DCI championships. But you are correct; anything is possible!

14 hours ago, college-phan said:

I could see Phantom and Cadets make big moves after this season. Both are going to have nice recruitment classes and are going to enjoy a (more than likely) weaker Cavaliers and possibly Blue Stars as well, although they’re definitely the wild card of the Finals lineup.

how would Blue Stars be weaker? they were less than a point out of 6th

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

whoever scores highest wins

Nah I heard they're changing the judging system to whoever scores the lowest wins now. Bout to end BD's undefeated streak🫢

6 minutes ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

Nah I heard they're changing the judging system to whoever scores the lowest wins now. Bout to end BD's undefeated streak🫢

If they changed it to that in your hypothetical...I guarantee BD would adjust to that and win again....LOL

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Early prediction, and I'll do another one after we hear about staff changes.

1. Boston - Talent is there and design team has really started cooking.
2. Blue Devils - The pattern dictates a silver.
3. Bluecoats - Only 2nd to BD in consistency.
4. SCV - Design held them back a bit this year, and yet the final product was fantastic. Tells me they have a high ceiling.
5. Crown - Perpetually stuck as the 4th place corps. A solid top 3 and strong SCV makes things difficult.
6. Blue Stars - Momentum has been building these last few years. They were only 0.138 away from 6th.
7. Cadets - Great design this year while 2019 was rather poor. So jury's still out whether the design team has hit their stride.
8. Cavaliers - Losing some key staff will probably hurt, but I think they can only go up after this past year.
9. Phantom - They're going to have a crazy amount of auditionees. Give them another year or 2, but they'll continue to be fan favorites.
10. Mandarins - Solid corps. I see them as sturdy gatekeepers to the top 10. If a corps above them stumbles Mandarins will be ready.
11. Colts - Design team figured something out here. I think they can repeat success.
12. Blue Knights - Falling from 7th to 14th is quite dramatic. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

personally, i dont see BAC medalling again, but possibly top 5. i predict either a BD or Bloo win, the "pattern" of BD never getting three wins in a row makes me subconsciously lean towards a different corps at top. i can see PR moving up, a lot of good talent there, same thing with Troopers. the top 5 will be an interesting fight.

as for Open Class; Battalion will likely move up, potentially to top 5. their placement this first year has shown the staff what is possible and what to shoot for. i predict a finals placement of 5th or 4th. 

i'd love to be proven wrong in some places. hopefully yall will get to see me performing with Btal this coming season. 

Edited by Ashontheinternet