2023 Season Predictions

2 hours ago, ibexpercussion said:

I am going to do this a bit differently, but still predict rankings.

-Blue Devils 1st-2nd (because until they finish lower than 2nd, how can you think otherwise)
-Bluecoats 1st-4th
-Boston 1st-4th
-Crown 3rd-5th (I feel like they need an improvement design-wise in relation to the musical book and program theme, seemed to be a disconnect on that this year)
-SCV 3rd-6th
-Cadets 3rd-7th
-Blue Stars 6th-13th (I know this is a wide range, but if you are not one of the elite 4 or 5 at the top, it is hard to sustain the success)
-Cavaliers 5th-10th
-Mandarins 6th-10th
-Phantom 6th-11th
-Crossmen 10th-14th (Need to have a more accessible show to bring up the GE scores. There seemed to be a disconnect there this year. The kids did everything they could form a performance standpoint).
-Blue Knights 10th-14th
-Troopers 11th-14th
-Colts 11th-15th
-Madison 12th-16th
-Music City 12th-16th
-Pacific Crest 13th-18th
-Academy 14th-18th
-Genesis 16th-20th
-Surf 19th-25th

Don't forget about the return of Spirit...probably looking at 12-16 area upon their return and who the recruit

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Don't forget about the return of Spirit...probably looking at 12-16 area upon their return and who the recruit

We’ll see. The combination of 160 max members, with Troopers, Colts Phantom, Cavaliers, & BS able to recruit as finalists, plus Crown, BAC, & Bloo able to recruit as contenders for a championship may make potential members run a bit thin.   Add in Crossmen, Madison, Genesis, BK, MC & perhaps Surf & Guardians and members have a lot of choice at a range performance levels.  Does a potential member spend their $4000-$5000 on SoA, or go with a Corps with fewer questions?  Outside the top 12-14, I don’t think there were many Corps marching 160 members.  Adding SoA will potentially dilute this further.   I hope SoA can meet their goals in 2023, but it will be a serious uphill climb. 

note- I am intentionally keeping the list of potential Corps more or less east of Rocky Mountains, & didn’t include some of the Open Class units. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnDF said:

My prediction is that the Mandarins will continue their yearly improvement and score a 91 (or better) next year.

Seems the Mandarins are always the forgotten corps... but that's okay, because I'm sure they like other corps that are sleeping on them.

I will strongly disagree that they are the forgotten corps. Especially when you look at the post below yours. 

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I somehow was 100% certain in my prediction that crown would win🫢

A number of us were hoping you would be right. But there's next year and hope springs eternal. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

Good catch, but will be really hard to predict. Coming off of a year in which they did not field a group, and may have lost many of their better members to other groups it could be a tough year competitively. Again, just predictions, but we will see.

On 8/16/2022 at 12:39 PM, LabMaster said:

I want to see how many predictions are as far off next year as some were this year. It’s not even so much a prediction as it was an absolute for some.  Totally reasoned out.  Did anyone get the top 12 exactly right?  Curious.

If people continue predicting BD in 3-4th, then yes they will continue to be as off as they were this past season. 

I don’t remember what exactly my predictions were, but I do think I was way off on Boston’s placement this year. Definitely underrated them 

23 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

A number of us were hoping you would be right. But there's next year and hope springs eternal. 

Going to need a major change in approach to design for that to happen 

• Like 1

Bezos or Musk pull a Bill Cook, either create a 21st century Star or make a mind boggling cash infusion to an existing corps, and the result is a seismic power balance shift in top tier, world class.

Until they lose interest.

• Like 2