2023 Season Predictions

18 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Bezos or Musk pull a Bill Cook, either create a 21st century Star or make a mind boggling cash infusion to an existing corps, and the result is a seismic power balance shift in top tier, world class.

Until they lose interest.

Or they realize it's not making them any money.

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2022 at 12:17 AM, Orwellian Wiress said:

Nah I heard they're changing the judging system to whoever scores the lowest wins now. Bout to end BD's undefeated streak🫢

all Blueanon conspiracy theories aside, BD would still find a way

• Like 1

1st- BD, Blue Devils, Blue Crew!!!

2-12 Boston, Bluecoats, SCV, CC, ??????

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2022 at 12:22 AM, Jeff Ream said:

all Blueanon conspiracy theories aside, BD would still find a way

Okay, I just caught on to what ya did there.

Good one🥷!

I predict that as usual, we won’t know anything substantial until at least Feb. 2023, after auditions, scandals, recruiting success, show announcements (if there are any at all by then) financial reporting , etc., etc.

Then all unrealistic prognostications can be put forth.  Maybe we should all take a look back at 2022’s predictions.  Have a good laugh and see who missed.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Have a good laugh and see who missed.

If you are going to embark on seeing who missed in the 2022 predictions thread, I suggest packing a lunch (because you are going to be there awhile) and investing in one of those sitcom laugh tracks, because you will need something to take over after all the laughing you will be doing at some people's predictions. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

If you are going to embark on seeing who missed in the 2022 predictions thread, I suggest packing a lunch (because you are going to be there awhile) and investing in one of those sitcom laugh tracks, because you will need something to take over after all the laughing you will be doing at some people's predictions. 

Chief, I think you and I jointly win the set of steak knives for accurate predictions in 2022.  As can be found on the 2022 predictions thread, check out my post on 5/29.  I had:  1. BD  2. BAC  3. BLOO   4. CROWN  5. SCV        6. CADETS.  Notwithstanding the tie for 2nd, I think I was pretty darned close! 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, craiga said:

Chief, I think you and I jointly win the set of steak knives for accurate predictions in 2022.  As can be found on the 2022 predictions thread, check out my post on 5/29.  I had:  1. BD  2. BAC  3. BLOO   4. CROWN  5. SCV        6. CADETS.  Notwithstanding the tie for 2nd, I think I was pretty darned close! 

You nailed it brother!

TBH, I never made a prediction in the 2022 thread. 

However, in the BD thread BEFORE the season started, I did say BAC was a legit contender in 2022, and the comment is there to prove it. A few people laughed at me, some PM'd me and told me I was out of my mind. I was basing that on the spring training run I had secretly acquired, in mid-June, and I was right. To their credit, a couple of those people hit me up and fell on the sword, and admitted they was wrong. Props to them.  

Other than that I didn't make predictions, well I did try to explain to some that BD is/are and will continue to be the favorites each year until proven otherwise on a "CONSISTENT" basis. And I was proved right.........again. Doesn't mean BD will win it each year, but they have earned the right to be the favorites whether people like it or not. 

Look nothing last forever. BDs run will come to an end at some point. The people who consistently place them 4th in these yearly predictions, all they have to do is keep saying the same thing each year, and at some point they will be right, then they can beat their chest, get all of their "likes" on this forum, all the while hoping we don't remember all the times they was wrong, to go with the briefcase full of receipts we have on them. 

• Like 3

On 8/17/2022 at 4:33 PM, Cappybara said:

Going to need a major change in approach to design for that to happen 

There are so many DCI constants that play to BD’s dominance. There just aren’t any other organizations that can afford the sort of institutional assets that BD brings to the table.

Chief among them is a very well-paid, year-around staff that works well together and has an unparalleled track record. This more than anything provides a bedrock of stability that really no other organization can match.

Look at the merry go round thread. Most other corps are rotating out designers and fielding interviews, while BD starts building next year’s roster and show design. They already know they will have the most capable educators and marching members. It’s all about sticking to their plan.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 4