2023 Season Predictions

BD wins agains, completing their first 3-peat 

To most of DCP’s dismay 

Oh, and the Crown thread will once again be the longest thread of the season. They are the new Cadets 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, craiga said:

Chief, I think you and I jointly win the set of steak knives for accurate predictions in 2022.  As can be found on the 2022 predictions thread, check out my post on 5/29.  I had:  1. BD  2. BAC  3. BLOO   4. CROWN  5. SCV        6. CADETS.  Notwithstanding the tie for 2nd, I think I was pretty darned close! 

How off were you on 7-12? 😜

30 minutes ago, craiga said:

I only predicted the top 6.

I do have to eat crow with Mandarins. After seeing them in Oceanside/Pasadena/San Bernardino, I said they would finish 6th-7th. But they still had a phenomenal year and great show. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

You nailed it brother!

TBH, I never made a prediction in the 2022 thread. 

However, in the BD thread BEFORE the season started, I did say BAC was a legit contender in 2022, and the comment is there to prove it. A few people laughed at me, some PM'd me and told me I was out of my mind. I was basing that on the spring training run I had secretly acquired, in mid-June, and I was right. To their credit, a couple of those people hit me up and fell on the sword, and admitted they was wrong. Props to them.  

Other than that I didn't make predictions, well I did try to explain to some that BD is/are and will continue to be the favorites each year until proven otherwise on a "CONSISTENT" basis. And I was proved right.........again. Doesn't mean BD will win it each year, but they have earned the right to be the favorites whether people like it or not. 

Look nothing last forever. BDs run will come to an end at some point. The people who consistently place them 4th in these yearly predictions, all they have to do is keep saying the same thing each year, and at some point they will be right, then they can beat their chest, get all of their "likes" on this forum, all the while hoping we don't remember all the times they was wrong, to go with the briefcase full of receipts we have on them. 

I mix my predictions with objectivity, but also considerable bias😂 mainly at the top, but hey, with Boston last year, and any corps for that matter, I don’t rule anything out potential-wise if there is obvious quality to be had. With Boston it was obvious from the start that they would have a great year. I don’t know why people were so perplexed that…corps can get better…from year to year…tough to comprehend apparently😂

having been a dcp lurker for a while but a newbie in posting my thoughts, I bit my tongue in making predictions for 2022 but I’m not gonna do that this coming year, already made a prediction on this thread with 0, absolute 0 knowledge as to what corps are performing, preparing for this coming year, there’s no way I could be so “high and mighty” to think what I think is infallible either ‘cause any corps can prove any of our thoughts about them wrong from the beginning of the year to the end and we should be glad they do if they’re better than one would’ve thought!! I’m also definitely not a troll when I make predictions, i at least want to try to be accurate👀

I think you’re definitely right about people being “hot takey” for the sake of it though, it’s pretty obnoxious if those people just happen to be right about something😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, corps8294 said:

...or the new Madison Scouts; if we are going by the number of thread posts in a single season. :rolleyes::laugh:

Not quite Madison brother. The Madison threads few years back was mob mentality and cannibalistic lol. They would turn and feast on each other if one said the wrong thing. 

• Like 1

BD's show..Tempus Blue was for 2020 when then the season stopped. So Scott Chandler and his crew knows what is being planned at least 2 yrs. AND....they were working with mostly members new to the BD organization. Not sure how many will return in 2023 but I don't think for at least BD it matters.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Cappybara said:

BD wins agains, completing their first 3-peat 

To most of DCP’s dismay 

Oh, and the Crown thread will once again be the longest thread of the season. They are the new Cadets 

it's mind boggling with 20 wins they haven't had a 3peat yet

• Like 1