2023 Season Predictions

17 minutes ago, craiga said:

I like your number One, but I think you forgot SCV.

Thank you! 

I was going insane looking at the finals cut and trying to figure out how you'd keep Troop and Colts in while adding BK back.   I didn't even think to look back up stream and see if someone was missing.

On 9/19/2022 at 1:15 PM, Slingerland said:

Very different organizations in terms of resources

(Plus there's literally no kid of marching age today who was alive when Madison was still considered a top-level corps - the last of those kids would have aged out of DCI ten years ago. Cavaliers are still considered an elite brand, despite their placement in 2022, so they've got a little more upwards pressure in terms of recruiting).

I certainly hope Cavaliers are still considered an elite brand. I'm thinking 5-7 next year, but I'm saddened to hear a bunch of the members may go to Bluecoats.

1 hour ago, DFA1970 said:

2023 is

in first place...Blue Devils in a 3 peat. I actually see them much stronger in 23. 

2-12...that is the competition. 

You would think they would be.  However these days, some mm’s may think “wow, got my ring in one shot, now I can move on”.  That being said, if BD has a lot of returning mm’s the staff can put together quite a show knowing what talent they have to work with.  The same may be true of other top corps.  Unless some staff changes throw a bit of a curve and mm’s leave because of that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

2023 is

in first place...Blue Devils in a 3 peat. I actually see them much stronger in 23. 

2-12...that is the competition. 

Valid. Then again, you never know when another "Down Side Up" is going to pop up out of the blue and make things interesting. I always maintain hope that it's going to happen. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

I'm just waiting for some "Cirque du Soleil" visuals from the rafters of Lucas Oil.  🎪 

"Presenting their 2023 Program 'The Queen is dead..long live the KING' from Canton, Ohio. Drum Corps International is proud to present The Bluecoats!"

ec5427f24c66bdc71bec4363f4d97686.jpg

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/24/2022 at 9:01 AM, LabMaster said:

You would think they would be.  However these days, some mm’s may think “wow, got my ring in one shot, now I can move on”.  That being said, if BD has a lot of returning mm’s the staff can put together quite a show knowing what talent they have to work with.  The same may be true of other top corps.  Unless some staff changes throw a bit of a curve and mm’s leave because of that.

The staff put together a rather new around 85 to 90 percent newbies to BD in 2022 and no offence a rather easy win season. Boston came close then not. So 2023...I don't see that changing much.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

The staff put together a rather new around 85 to 90 percent newbies to BD in 2022 and no offence a rather easy win season. 

Even if those percentages are accurate (source data please}, those first time mm of the BD were probably experienced DCI mm.  No different than most top corps who have dozens of one and done members.   All the top corps have high age averages and great talent.