2023 Season Predictions

On 2/8/2023 at 1:54 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Perhaps I am just longing for the olden days where performance on the field was more important than show design. 

On 2/8/2023 at 1:58 PM, Tenoris4Jazz said:

You mean like 2015?  Crown's show was better than BD, but BD nailed their performance on Saturday night and Crown... didn't.

I mean where design/content numbers are same among Corps, so the only thing that differentiates between Corps is performance. 

4 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I mean where design/content numbers are same among Corps, so the only thing that differentiates between Corps is performance. 

IDK … everyone was pretty much pulling for Crown (at least I was), then in the set-up, it was clear the flugel horn mic wasn’t working, but the show had to go on, and when the solo came up, you could barely hear it. It seemed the air was sucked out of the show after that. 

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

IDK … everyone was pretty much pulling for Crown (at least I was), then in the set-up, it was clear the flugel horn mic wasn’t working, but the show had to go on, and when the solo came up, you could barely hear it. It seemed the air was sucked out of the show after that. 

I was actually underwhelmed by Crowns show last season. It just wasn't my pint of beer.... then again I haven't completely gotten into a Crown show since 2016.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I was actually underwhelmed by Crowns show last season. It just wasn't my pint of beer.... then again I haven't completely gotten into a Crown show since 2016.

2014 is my favorite Crown show of all time. 

• Like 1

I still wish they'd have kept the early season drill for that closer though. It was madness but thrilling to see.  They were never gonna get it clean enough so I get why they rewrote, but that whole whirling atom thing was amazing.

• Like 1