2023 Season Predictions

26 minutes ago, craiga said:

I agree with you, Chief. If BD wins, it would absolutely be a threepeat. If Boston Crusaders beat BD at any point this season, it will be the first time they have ever beaten our friends from Concord, as well as beating the only drum corps still in existence whom BAC has never outscored.  

Fort Collins show results might give a good read on the match up of these two corps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craiga said:

I agree with you, Chief. If BD wins, it would absolutely be a threepeat. If Boston Crusaders beat BD at any point this season, it will be the first time they have ever beaten our friends from Concord, as well as beating the only drum corps still in existence whom BAC has never outscored. 

If Boston were to win on Saturday night, it would be their first National Championship in over 50 years. If they do not, our members, staff, and alumni will still celebrate the fact that this will have been our 83rd year of continuous badassery.

Best of luck to the Blue Devils (and everyone else).

Well of course I gotta root for the Mandarins to win it all LMAO 

But in all seriousness, if my beloved Blue Devils don't win it, I am rooting for Boston/Bluecoats/Cadets to win it all. I would be thrilled with any of the three. 

Last year @LabMaster and I also believe @Liahona gave me a history lesson between BD/BAC. I never knew the love and respect the corps had for each other, and over the years the two corps have looked for each other as well. And this goes back decades. Freaking awesome.

• Like 7

Well Chief, all of that is true....plus we can't forget how BD "poached" Jay Murphy from us 43 years ago......LOL!

Best wishes  to Little Chief in the Mandarins this summer. They are coming to Boston for one of our shows right before Allentown.   We'll have to send him home to you with a BAC shirt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Personally, if BD was to win in 2023, i would say it's a threepeat. 

BD had no control over COVID sweeping the planet like it did. And BD did not miss a competitive DCI season.

Now if 2021 was a competitive season, and DCI handed out scores, placements, gave out medals and a champion was crowned on finals night, that would be a different story. 

If BD wins they are repeat champions. Everything got reset in 2020. Devils didn't field a corps in 2021 while other corps helped to maintain interest in the activity. I wish I could take two years off my job and claim my 3-year bonus or be out for an extended sick leave and claim perfect attendance at school. The Blue Devils are good enough to earn a Three-Pete the right way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Best wishes  to Little Chief in the Mandarins this summer. 

Little Chief? The kid is what, 7'10" with the fro? 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Little Chief? The kid is what, 7'10" with the fro? 

Close lol. He is around 6'5. 6'8 with the fro poofed out lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Close lol. He is around 6'5. 6'8 with the fro poofed out lol

In 1971 we had a rookie soprano player named Jimmy. Jimmy had a big ol' fro ala Angela Davis who was a big name at the time. At Jimmy's first rehearsal, all us goofball drummers were talking, "Hey, let's just call him 'Ang"". After re-considering that Jimmy was 6'6"/240 lbs, we decided nah, let's just call him Jimmy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, boxingfred said:

If BD wins they are repeat champions. Everything got reset in 2020. Devils didn't field a corps in 2021 while other corps helped to maintain interest in the activity. I wish I could take two years off my job and claim my 3-year bonus or be out for an extended sick leave and claim perfect attendance at school. The Blue Devils are good enough to earn a Three-Pete the right way.

If the Blue Devils win this summer, I think it would actually be more impressive than a threepeat. I would call it a bad*ss extended threepeat. They took a longer break than their closest competitors, and they were STILL able to come out and kick their butts. They went undefeated and achieved the highest score that any corps has gotten since BD set the record in 2014. That's impressive.

For context, I'm a Bluecoats fan. I like the Blue Devils but I wouldn't call myself a BD fan.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, resipsaloquitur said:

Which 'favor' was returned in the form of this year's Hall of Famer Gino Cipriani. 😉 

There was a corps or two who had Gino before he joined the Crusaders in 17.  The BD are off the hook.

• Haha 1