2023 Season Predictions

5 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Not sure, but with the 2022 precedent set in Tx, Tn, & Indy, they need to open the gates about 4-5 hours prior to showtime. 😁 

For indy this makes sense.  Perhaps not the Thursday but friday and Saturday for sure.  Give people lots of time to mill around and buy sovies.  

• Like 3

On 5/25/2023 at 4:40 PM, KVG_DC said:

For indy this makes sense.  Perhaps not the Thursday but friday and Saturday for sure.  Give people lots of time to mill around and buy sovies.  

Didn’t go to Indy in pre Covid years, but were the entry issues bad then?  Maybe there can be a return to that except with scanning e-tickets being better? It seems to be good at other events (non drum corps). 

9 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Didn’t go to Indy in pre Covid years, but were the entry issues bad then?  Maybe there can be a return to that except with scanning e-tickets being better? It seems to be good at other events (non drum corps). 

Nope. 

Well, it's always a little slower finals night, but absolutely nothing like 2022. The line was wrapped around Lucas Oil all the way to the West Gate on S Missouri St. 

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

I'm a self admitted homer for the Cavaliers. With that said, i can feel a little fire in their collective belly over last year's 9th place finish. And I can also rationalize that they did a pretty amazing job righting the ship after missing so many shows and having up to 40+ members roll out with Covid. 

I loved the old staff. And I'm already starting to love the new staff. Just from my anecdotal conversations, there is a "seriousness" I feel coming out this Spring that as a parent of a FMM I didn't exactly feel all those seasons he marched. And that 'seriousness" might come from finishing 9th with 4th-5th place talent. 

So...my prediction specifically for them? Back in the top 6. But might have a couple of aces up their collective green sleeves. 

Now...as a board member for Spirit of Atlanta, I can't be anything but thrilled about the "Spring Training- Let's GO!" energy going on at move ins at Jacksonville State this weekend. I think my "kids" in Baby Blue might surprise a few folks this year, too. 

But I'll finish the way I started. I'm a loyal-### homer when it comes to Drum Corps. So factor that in with anything else I say this season. 🙂

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I'm a self admitted homer for the Cavaliers. With that said, i can feel a little fire in their collective belly over last year's 9th place finish. And I can also rationalize that they did a pretty amazing job righting the ship after missing so many shows and having up to 40+ members roll out with Covid. 

I loved the old staff. And I'm already starting to love the new staff. Just from my anecdotal conversations, there is a "seriousness" I feel coming out this Spring that as a parent of a FMM I didn't exactly feel all those seasons he marched. And that 'seriousness" might come from finishing 9th with 4th-5th place talent. 

So...my prediction specifically for them? Back in the top 6. But might have a couple of aces up their collective green sleeves. 

Now...as a board member for Spirit of Atlanta, I can't be anything but thrilled about the "Spring Training- Let's GO!" energy going on at move ins at Jacksonville State this weekend. I think my "kids" in Baby Blue might surprise a few folks this year, too. 

But I'll finish the way I started. I'm a loyal-### homer when it comes to Drum Corps. So factor that in with anything else I say this season. 🙂

Always appreciate the admission of homerism while being optimistic 🫡

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for real predictions: 

1. Bluecoats – They have the talent, the instruction staff, the energy, and the support to do what the Bluecoats do…excel.

2. Blue Devils – I feel I don’t have to explain this pick.

3. Boston Crusaders – Bringing more of what 2022 got them with minimal disruption to staff, lots of experience returning, etc.

4. Carolina Crown – When was the last time they finished out of the top 5?

5. Cavaliers – Huge staff changes but loving everything I’m reading about the show, the design, the staff, and the desire to put on a “love letter” to 75 years worth of Cavaliers fans.

6. Cadets – They’re back.

7. Blue Stars – Was highly impressed with their improvement in 2022 and nothing leads me to believe it won’t continue.

8. Phantom Regiment – Made a strong push at end of 2022 with a young corps. Their vector is pointed up.

9. Mandarins – Their vector has been pointing up since 2019. They might just inherit some SCV talent as well, now that SCV isn’t fielding this season.

10. Troopers – Troop barely got in the door last year for their first Finals in over a decade. I think they continue to grow on it.

11. Colts – One of my favorite Corps who continue to improve.

12. Madison Scouts – I think this is the year they rejoin Finals.

Flame away. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Time for real predictions: 

1. Bluecoats – They have the talent, the instruction staff, the energy, and the support to do what the Bluecoats do…excel.

2. Blue Devils – I feel I don’t have to explain this pick.

3. Boston Crusaders – Bringing more of what 2022 got them with minimal disruption to staff, lots of experience returning, etc.

4. Carolina Crown – When was the last time they finished out of the top 5?

5. Cavaliers – Huge staff changes but loving everything I’m reading about the show, the design, the staff, and the desire to put on a “love letter” to 75 years worth of Cavaliers fans.

6. Cadets – They’re back.

7. Blue Stars – Was highly impressed with their improvement in 2022 and nothing leads me to believe it won’t continue.

8. Phantom Regiment – Made a strong push at end of 2022 with a young corps. Their vector is pointed up.

9. Mandarins – Their vector has been pointing up since 2019. They might just inherit some SCV talent as well, now that SCV isn’t fielding this season.

10. Troopers – Troop barely got in the door last year for their first Finals in over a decade. I think they continue to grow on it.

11. Colts – One of my favorite Corps who continue to improve.

12. Madison Scouts – I think this is the year they rejoin Finals.

Flame away. 🙂

I feel like that 10-14 is going to be more entertaining than any other head to head. Can crossmen and BK move back up where they have been for years or miss again? While I think Madison show sounds better than the last like 5 years I just don't know if they have the talent and staff for it. I'm far from a BK fanatic but I have a hard time believing last year is going to be the trend going forward and would put them to pass all the groups that passed them last year. I feel like location wise crossmen and BK get the benefit of Texas talent compared to Madison fighting all the Midwest groups for talent.