2023 Season Predictions

I predict a lot of discussion about the definition of “threepeat”. 

a LOT of discussion 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I predict a lot of discussion about the definition of “threepeat”. 

a LOT of discussion 

Of course I want BD to get the three-peat. But I think finishing top two in 2023 for the 15th consecutive DCI competitive season is more important. Model of consistency we may never see again once it's over. 

• Like 1

i will update my prediction when i see exactly what scoring system is to be used. i'll break the math down in a more detailed way to show how the corps with the highest score will win

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's mind boggling with 20 wins they haven't had a 3peat yet

The 3 peat is overrated. Lets chat about the 2 peat. Other than the 2 three peats.... SCV is the ONLY corp that has defended its title in 1973/74 other than what BD has done. 2 peats for BD...1976/77..1979/1980..1996/97...2009/10..2014/15..2019/22. 6 2 peats. I'm done.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

The 3 peat is overrated. Lets chat about the 2 peat. Other than the 2 three peats.... SCV is the ONLY corp that has defended its title in 1973/74 other than what BD has done. 2 peats for BD...1976/77..1979/1980..1996/97...2009/10..2014/15..2019/22. 6 2 peats. I'm done.

Here is a stat for you. BD has more undefeated seasons (8) than Cavies/SCV has in total titles (7 each). Two more unbeaten seasons, they will catch the Cadets at 10.

Dominance.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Here is a stat for you. BD has more undefeated seasons (8) than Cavies/SCV has in total titles (7 each). Two more unbeaten seasons, they will catch the Cadets at 10.

Dominance.

All-time sporting franchises that haven’t 3-peated, The niners(a nod to your fandom haha) still have the second most Super Bowls for NFL franchises, the Pats, no national team in the history of football(the one actually played with feet) has done it. The biggest prize in club football, the champions league in Europe has only had one team do it once and that was Real Madrid. Just like in DCI, three-peats are rare, anywhere in *team* sports at least haha

ill balance out the BD boasting by voicing my prediction that they won’t three-peat haha
Best of luck to them though in that quest!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

All-time sporting franchises that haven’t 3-peated, The niners(a nod to your fandom haha) still have the second most Super Bowls for NFL franchises, the Pats, no national team in the history of football(the one actually played with feet) has done it. The biggest prize in club football, the champions league in Europe has only had one team do it once and that was Real Madrid. Just like in DCI, three-peats are rare, anywhere in *team* sports at least haha

ill balance out the BD boasting by voicing my prediction that they won’t three-peat haha
Best of luck to them though in that quest!!

Edited by Chief Guns

32 minutes ago, ZTWright said:

I thought this was a predictions thread? When did it turn into a Blue Devil measuring contest? 

1. Whoever wins.

2. 11 way tie

Agree with this😂 already posted my predictions for 2023 with nothing to go off of way back in the first page of the thread, which is what everyone is doing as of today. I’m more so looking forward to what next year will bring as a whole, as I believe it will be better than this year, as good as it was!

• Like 1