2023 Season Predictions

1 hour ago, TOC said:

Even if those percentages are accurate (source data please}, those first time mm of the BD were probably experienced DCI mm.  No different than most top corps who have dozens of one and done members.   All the top corps have high age averages and great talent.

Thanks for agreeing with me. Smile and wink. 

Wishful, and not very likely considering the trends of late..

1. Crown

2. BAC

3. BD

4. SCV

5. Bloo 

6. Phantom

7. Cavies

8. Cadets

9. Blue Stars

10. Troopers

11. Crossmen

12. Academy

More realistically....

1. BD

2-4. Bloo, BAC, Crown, in that order but there's a reason I didn't lock in Bloo for 2nd, BAC for 3rd, and Crown for 4th. See my note below....it's a long winded explanation and most likely will be annoying to read.

5. SCV

6. Cavies

7. Cadets

8. Phantom

9. Blue Stars

10. Mandarins

11. Crossmen

12. Troopers or Blue Knights. 

I blocked them because each have their strengths that are interchangeable.

Last few years Bloo has been producing some very fan friendly shows that also impact the judges by the time it's all over. This year they added the keytar player to the end by finals because they knew it was a hit by midseason. It gave them a leg up and probably had a lot to do with the tie for second and them receiving the percussion caption for the first time. Personally, it didn't care for Bloo's show this year at all which places me in the minority. 

BAC's rocket to the medal spots has to do with their increasing GE scores and their phenomenal color guard. Which started in 2017 after some of Crown's staff joined them after 2016. I'm not saying that's the only reason BAC has surged, but it sure did help. I honestly don't know what changed with the color guard but whatever it was was a brilliant move. Now that they've finally medaled you really can't count them out for a medal position like before. 

Crown...sigh...the brass is their strength. Everyone knows that. Though they didn't win the Ott, they won brass on finals night. This last year they took a risk and placed high right off because their show felt almost complete. They cleaned steadily, but they didn't change things up like they usually do. Meanwhile Bloo and BAC added and cleaned more aggressively, helping them jump Crown in the end. If they go back to how they usually progress I can easily see them switching back into medal position. To me, Crown's show would've been a whole lot better if they hadn't chanted "Right here, Right now!" fifteen times during the performance. It was annoying and I would've rather heard their brass at the end instead of that chant.

Pretty sure I'll get a few bad replies out of that but that's just the way I see it. I could definitely be wrong but there it is. 

• Like 1

Giving it my first try at this 

1-BD

2-Bluecoats

3-Boston (I think a small drop, and come back and win it all in 24. Seen that pattern before)

4-Crown (seems to be their home spot lately)

5-Blue Stars (been on an upwards trend)

6-Phantom

7-SCV

8-Cavies

9-Cadets

10-Colts

11-Troopers

12-Mandarins

• Like 3

On 10/3/2022 at 12:19 PM, old drmmjr said:

Giving it my first try at this 

1-BD

2-Bluecoats

3-Boston (I think a small drop, and come back and win it all in 24. Seen that pattern before)

4-Crown (seems to be their home spot lately)

5-Blue Stars (been on an upwards trend)

6-Phantom

7-SCV

8-Cavies

9-Cadets

10-Colts

11-Troopers

12-Mandarins

I can get behind this 😉

I'm not the type of person to complain about "this should have won!" "this deserved it!" but another Bluecoats win would be awesome. I'm honestly surprised their only win was 2016 with how popular their shows are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

I'm not the type of person to complain about "this should have won!" "this deserved it!" but another Bluecoats win would be awesome. I'm honestly surprised their only win was 2016 with how popular their shows are.

Lord knows I love the Bluecoats and their classy fanbase as much as the next person. 

When it comes to swag, Bloo is only matched by BD. No one has swag like those two corps. 

With that being said, the word "Popular" is nowhere to be found on the scoring sheets. 

• Like 3

DCI's fall planning meeting Notes:

https://www.dci.org/news/notes-from-dcis-fall-planning-meeting?fbclid=IwAR0TJM8-Kk56Ji-PcTUCN4ARskoGPO7_FeuK5H-qq4f67SWsRhddZQU9lSo

2023 tour schedule section:

A sizable chunk of the annual fall meeting focuses on the upcoming summer season’s tour schedule, as the collective works to determine which corps will travel where and for which events.

Early drafts of the schedule indicate that the shape and form of the 2023 DCI Tour will mirror that of the 2022 summer season relatively closely, with minor changes throughout, based on venue availability and other logistical and scheduling considerations.

The 2023 DCI Tour schedule is anticipated to be released in its entirety to the public just prior to Thanksgiving on Wednesday, November 23.

27 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I think 2023 will be a return to medaling for Crown. They are just due for a good show design.

Right Then, Not Now. Hope the new crew improves last years standings.

Edited by Sutasaurus
  • Haha 2