2023 Season Predictions

I have learned my lesson. Last May 29th, I predicted BD, BAC, BLOO, CROWN, SCV, CADETS...in that order.

The derision, contempt and insults hurled my way were relentless, so they'll be no predictions from me this year.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1) BAC
2) BD
3) Bloo
4) Blue Stars
5) Crown
6) Cadets
7) Phantom
8 )  Cavaliers 
9) Mandarins
10) Troopers
11) Colts
12) Madison

I think at the end of the day itll be BAC and BD duking it out for first and then Blue Stars, Cadets and PR duking it out for 5-7.

I think Troop and Colts will maintain their finalist spot while I think that the new finalist will be Madison (And there certainly is no bias there because Im dating a scout)

Edited by fighterkit
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, craiga said:

I have learned my lesson. Last May 29th, I predicted BD, BAC, BLOO, CROWN, SCV, CADETS...in that order.

The derision, contempt and insults hurled my way were relentless, so they'll be no predictions from me this year.  😀

If there is a three-peat in 2023 I predict that it will be BD. 

• Haha 3

I've never loved saying a specific placement for each corps, but I think groupings of three (where it's a toss up between the three) are usually more fair. My predictions:

1-3: BD, Boston, Cadets

4-6: Bloo, Crown, Phantom

7-9: Blue Stars, Mandarins, Cavaliers

10-12: Colts, Crossmen, Troopers/Madison 

Obviously Boston and BD are set up the best of any corps currently. Lots of talented members auditioning, no staff lost, and plenty of money which I think will keep the two in the Top 3. I think Cadets are going to be sneaky this off-season and burst up during the season. I'm biased, but from what I've seen of them at their camps I think they're set up amazing to go as far as they want this year with their staff, show design, new admin, and membership. I think Phantom is another corps that's going to shoot up with the changes they've made the last few years. I think Crossmen is set up well to make it back into finals, and I'm honestly not sure what the outcome is going to be for Troopers or Madison this year. I know Troopers had a great show last year and have all of their staff back, but I just have a hesitant feeling about if they can repeat that success. Madison has made lots of great moves during this off-season, and I'm interested to see if they can capitalize on them this season and make it back into finals. Just my opinion on things, we'll see what happens in August.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, craiga said:

These people don't sign my checks or kiss me goodnight. 
I could care less what they think about my predictions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

A bunch of you think Cavies are slipping because they all caught  covid and missed almost two weeks of shows and practice last year. ( as Jay-Z would say) OK.

Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 1

On talent alone, it’s BD by wide margin in ‘23. Yes, DCI isn’t very local anyone, but I’d assume they’ll get the best leftovers from SCV on top of the younger corps they rebuilt from last year. Combine that with BD’s ability to build a championship show and they’ll have all they need to win again. I’d be surprised if they don’t repeat once more. 

Edited by drumcorpsfever