2023 Season Predictions

22 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I apologize 

Please. Nothing to apologize for. Now if you spit into my Old Fashion …

• Haha 3

My prediction is that there will be a three way race from San Antonio through finals, with the corps that makes the best additions to their show, winning by 3 tenths..Peace

On 2/8/2023 at 1:54 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Perhaps I am just longing for the olden days where performance on the field was more important than show design. 

It’s never been like that in DCI. 

• Like 1

Ok, gonna take a stab...

1. BAC: They are well set up for a great year, I think they have a good shot at the title
  2. BD: I can't see them placing lower than this.
  3. Bloo: I'm a fan, don't judge
  4. Cadets: I think they have a good chance this year with SCV gone to shoot up a bit. This place might go to Crown, I feel like the two corps are in about the same place going into next season
  5. Carolina Crown: see above
  6. Phantom Regiment/Blue Stars: They both had a strong year. We'll see
  7. '
  8. The Cavaliers
  9. Mandarins
  10. Troopers: Don't question it, just accept it as the truth
  11. Blue Knights
  12. Colts
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just pulling this forward since this weekend there are a few final pre-spring training camps.  Guard auditions are wrapping up, maybe most if not all show music is with mm’s.  Show reveals being made to mm’s by designers to set the program in mm’s heads.  Maybe after camp and what little us DCP’rs can glean or surreptitiously see and hear we can rethink predictions made so far or take a crack at a prediction before ST.  I’m thinking of upward movement for Cadets, Phantom and Blue Stars. BAC, BD, Bloo top 3.  Maybe in that order.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Just pulling this forward since this weekend there are a few final pre-spring training camps.  Guard auditions are wrapping up, maybe most if not all show music is with mm’s.  Show reveals being made to mm’s by designers to set the program in mm’s heads.  Maybe after camp and what little us DCP’rs can glean or surreptitiously see and hear we can rethink predictions made so far or take a crack at a prediction before ST.  I’m thinking of upward movement for Cadets, Phantom and Blue Stars. BAC, BD, Bloo top 3.  Maybe in that order.

This.  Also, it is gratifying to me to see Boston legitimately in the conversation for a title.  While that prospect is yet to be determined, it seems not to be nearly as far fetched as some thought my 2nd place prediction for them was one year ago. None of us can know the future of course, but BAC is arguably knocking on the door. I do expect our friends from Concord to come out with guns blazing this year, so 2023 could be most interesting.

• Like 1

Oh and btw, Max and I plan to resume our visits to and updates from Castleton during the week after Memorial Day....for those people open to it.

• Like 4