Boston Crusaders 2023

20 hours ago, Liahona said:

Since I got yelled at last season for not starting this thread soon enough.  While the results of 2022 are  still fresh I am beginning a new thread!

Crusader Traditions

"Conquest"

The Boston Crusaders first performed Alfred Newman's "Conquest" from the 1947 swashbuckling motion picture, Captain from Castile, in 1969 and repeated it in 1970. The corps brought the tune back in 1973 and 1974, then performed it as a part of their show every year from 1976 through 1990. Since then, "Conquest" had become a signature piece for the Crusaders.

Waldo

The Boston Crusader's symbol is King Richard's split-tailed lion. Affectionately known as "Waldo", the lion can be seen on all of the corps' vehicles, on the corps members' jackets, on corps merchandise, and as tattoos on many members and alumni of the Crusaders.

"Giant"

The Crusaders' corps song "Giant" is based on the main theme from the 1956 movie, Giant.

Who would yell at you for something so silly?!  If I remember correctly, I had to remind you like 16 hours after Finals that you hadn't started the 2022 topic.  I didn't yell at you.  Okay, I was thinking of yelling at you.  It had been 16 hours.

Last night was quite a night, eh.  Hope all is well with you way down south.  Hope to see you at a home show sometime.  You realize if I ever find out you're coming, I will recruit you to help park fleets.  Chad Winship recently agreed to help me in 2023.

!! ! !!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Audition/Staff Information posted on the Crusaders Facebook page today. -

The design and education team behind "Paradise Lost" returns in 2023!

Audition dates, locations, and packets are now available! Fill out our interest form and we'll send you a reminder when registration becomes available on September 12th, plus receive a discount code to use towards your registration.

https://bostoncrusaders.org/audition/

Fresh off of a historic summer, the Boston Crusaders are now casting for our 2023 season! Spots are open in all sections including brass, battery, front ensemble, our three-time George Zingali Award-winning color guard, and drum majors/conductors.

This fall, one-day auditions will be held throughout the month of November in San Antonio, Dallas, Indianapolis (color guard only) and by video. More information and registration for all auditions will be available by 5 pm ET on Monday, September 12th.

While you wait, sign up for our audition interest form, download your audition packet, and join an audition interest Facebook group. When you sign up for our interest form, we will let you know when registration is live, plus you’ll receive a discount code towards your registration!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

The design and education team behind "Paradise Lost" returns in 2023!

dancing-pikachu.gif

now this is a cause for a celebratory pikachu gif!

(this is actual footage of me listening to DCI music. i even bop my head to the metronome. true story)

On 8/14/2022 at 10:12 PM, BAC91 said:

Who would yell at you for something so silly?!  If I remember correctly, I had to remind you like 16 hours after Finals that you hadn't started the 2022 topic.  I didn't yell at you.  Okay, I was thinking of yelling at you.  It had been 16 hours.

I mean that IS like 15+ hours late 🥵

• Haha 1

BAC Battery to present at PASIC in November!

On September 9, 2022, in News

We are proud to announce that the BACBattery will be performing at the Percussive Arts Society International Convention (PASIC) this year! Our entire battery will travel to Indianapolis in November to perform excerpts from our 2022 production, “Paradise Lost” alongside Director of Percussion Colin McNutt.

PASIC is one of the world’s largest percussion conventions, showcasing performing artists, ensembles, and industry advancements from around the world. This year’s convention takes place from November 9th-12th at the Indianapolis Convention Center. Our performance will be on Saturday, November 12th at 1 pm in the Sagamore Ballroom and is open to all PASIC attendees. We will also be streaming live on our Facebook page for those who wish to view from home. Please stay tuned for more information on how to tune in.

Previously, the BACPercussion performed at PASIC in 2018 with their presentation “Day in the Life of a DCI Percussion Section”. The battery and front ensemble, along with caption heads Colin McNutt and Iain Moyer, demonstrated the technique, exercises, and repertoire performed on our 2018 tour.

https://bostoncrusaders.org/2022/09/battery-pasic/

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Judging from numerous facebook posts in the last 24 hours,  it appears that Boston is "autocontracting" vets for 2023.   I am not aware of them doing this before, but when you think about it, it makes total sense.  Anyone who marched in 2022 not only finished in second place, but also worked their butts off to get there.  Also, there are apparently huge discounts in tour fees for returning vets....especially multi-year vets.  I think this is brilliant. This ensures a high level of talent and institutional memory, which  I think is important.

Combined with unprecedented numbers of prospective members downloading the audition packets, the corps looks to be continuing to build its arsenal.    I am very much interested in what shape BAC 2023 takes.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, craiga said:

Judging from numerous facebook posts in the last 24 hours,  it appears that Boston is "autocontracting" vets for 2023.   I am not aware of them doing this before, but when you think about it, it makes total sense.  Anyone who marched in 2022 not only finished in second place, but also worked their butts off to get there.  Also, there are apparently huge discounts in tour fees for returning vets....especially multi-year vets.  I think this is brilliant. This ensures a high level of talent and institutional memory, which  I think is important.

Combined with unprecedented numbers of prospective members downloading the audition packets, the corps looks to be continuing to build its arsenal.    I am very much interested in what shape BAC 2023 takes.  

Hell yes. Boston Crusaders is (in my opinion) a very underrated corps and after Paradise Lost, I see great things in their future.

• Like 1

Hopefully, with the new corps director at Crown they will finally end their boycott of BAC'S home shows. RT. 95 does have north AND southbound lanes, after all!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Posted today on Inspire Arts and Music's (Boston Crusaders parent organization) Facebook page

Earlier this week, Inspire Arts & Music visited Boston Prep in Hyde Park to introduce our new after school music program! Through this new partnership, hundreds of local high school students will have the opportunity to take private and group music lessons for free with the Inspire Arts instructors!

We can't wait for lessons to begin later this semester and to hear what these students will create!

• Like 4