Boston Crusaders 2023

Awesome news! This new project is a continuation of the type of community engagement which Inspire/Boston Crusaders began several years ago with their "Hyde Park Brass" and their "HYPE PERCUSSION " programs.

As I said in another thread last week, it seems to me that community engagement in your home city is crucial, regardless of where the corps members come from. And, in the literally back yard of the corps' headquarters.  Very proud of the organization!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Really big pick up with Jim Ancona for Perc advisor.

https://bostoncrusaders.org/2022/11/2023-percussion-staff-additions/

Also added Jarod Sullivan and Jay Rodriguez, who seem to be Jims students at Crown and taught there. 

• Like 2

Boston continues to enrich their top notch staff with the best and the brightest in the activity...I am very happy to see the return of Jim Ancona to the BAC percussion staff, where he began his teaching career 30 years ago!

The word I am getting from today's first in-person Boston audition camp is that attendance is roughly triple from what it was one year ago.  Can anyone confirm?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, craiga said:

The word I am getting from today's first in-person Boston audition camp is that attendance is roughly triple from what it was one year ago.  Can anyone confirm?

Whatever the increase may be, it would bode well for an increase in talent one would think.

23 hours ago, craiga said:

2 hours ago, TOC said:

Whatever the increase may be, it would bode well for an increase in talent one would think.

Keep in mind we are at part of season where everyone has an increase in talent and numbers from previous season.  This is true for all Corps, not just Boston.  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

38 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Keep in mind we are at part of season where everyone has an increase in talent and numbers from previous season.  This is true for all Corps, not just Boston.  

This is the first time during the DCI era that BAC is holding auditions as a second place corps, so the numbers are legitimately different from the past. I would imagine the Bluecoats find themselves in a similar land of riches.