Boston Crusaders 2023

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Keep in mind we are at part of season where everyone has an increase in talent and numbers from previous season.  .  

I would not know how we would know that “ everyone( , ie all corps  ) has an increase and talent and numbers from previous seasons “.  ( auditioning ) My guess , some will have an increase in talent and numbers … some about the same in talent levels and  numbers .., and some with a decrease in talent levels and overall numbers . Based upon placements in previous season and also in what changes in Mgt and staffs  might have taken place at the conclusion of the previous season among all these Corps .

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

Just from what I remember since 2019, this has been the largest turn out that BAC has seen, at least with my time with the corps.

A second place finish really helps, especially since BAC has had that hype around them for so long and 22 finally delivered that medalist placement. For that 22 corps almost every day was another record shattered and set and I think that a lot of the excitement that came with that helped persuade people to come in for 23 and potentially break one of the last barriers BAC has never done before. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fighterkit said:

For that 22 corps almost every day was another record shattered and set and I think that a lot of the excitement that came with that helped persuade people to come in for 23 and potentially break one of the last barriers BAC has never done before. 

The first barrier is to beat the only corps Boston hasn't beaten, the BD.

• Like 2

Just now, TOC said:

The first barrier is to beat the only corps Boston hasn't beaten, the BD.

That does seem to be one of the last few left. 
Others being the other caption awards minus the zingali

• Like 2

YES. CYO nationals are back right before Allentown. I loved that show so much in 19. 

Other highlights include first show is at Quincy on the first. No tour premiere. 
wyoming show and a Colorado show

exciting season

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

YES. CYO nationals are back right before Allentown. I loved that show so much in 19. 

Other highlights include first show is at Quincy on the first. No tour premiere. 
wyoming show and a Colorado show

exciting season

2023 Boston Crusaders schedule :

https://bostoncrusaders.org/2022/11/2023-tour-schedule/

• Like 3

A second home swing in Aug! Bloo, Phantom and mandarins coming out for it which is great. 

• Like 5

Yes! This means that BAC is in THREE shows in the Boston area this summer!  Four if you count the Friends & Family night in Quincy....hope they have that again!  Awesome news!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, craiga said:

Yes! This means that BAC is in THREE shows in the Boston area this summer!  Four if you count the Friends & Family night in Quincy....hope they have that again!  Awesome news!

Do not forget Spartans show in Manchester, Nh.! Gold (22 Open Class medalist) from Ca. is scheduled for that show.

This is a recording I've been thinking about a lot recently. That 2016 corps is someone current members owe a lot too, as well as many other years and versions of the Boston Crusaders, but I think 2016 stands out the most for me because right before the season I had the chance to talk to the 2016 head Dm, Aidan, and it was also one of the first years I seriously watched drum corps. 

For some reason throughout the entire season that story and that season always stuck in the back of my mind and I spent a lot of time thinking about it. 

#CorpsWeLove

• Like 4