Boston Crusaders 2023

Quixotic had its flaws but i liked the show overall.  This was also the year when, after the regionals, everyone was "i guess this is the year Boston doesn't make finals."  Then reports started trickling in from the smaller shows, "Boston is catching fire."  

They fought for that finals spot and made it!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That 2016 BAC corps literally roared its way into finals, jumping over two corps at seminfinals to do it.  That corps has already become legendary. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16's growth from San Antonio to finals was only equaled by the Troopers this summer

• Like 6

For me, a huge difference between BAC at Allentown and prelims and the 2016 semi’s performance was “the fire in the belly” of the marching members. They sold that show and had a gusto I hadn’t seen all season. It reminded me of Crossmen in 2012 when they edged out Blue Stars. 

Interesting note of semi’s in 2016. Some of the folks I sit with in Indy are Madison alums, one was a board member. In the concession stand line I ran into some familiar Boston Crusaders alums. BAC folks were not nervous about Madison. Madison folks were not nervous about BAC. Troopers had an amazing performance that afternoon too. Boston was the talk at semi’s in 2016. Though word of personnel changes for 2017 surfaced as early as Atlanta, some claim San Antonio, at semi’s actual names were attached. 

Finals is always a great show, no question. I love seeing everyone at prelims, but I find semi’s often has the most powerful shows of the season, if not score wise, at least emotionally.

• Like 1

Boston Mgt did not give up on that 2016 Corps and its marchers either when they were sitting late season in 14th place. Mgt could see the staff and marchers were working hard and making at least some headway in performance late. So the Mgt decided to match the marchers commitment to not be the first Crusaders Corps to fail to make Finals since 1st making Finals in 1999.  The Mgt took the unprecedented step at the time late that season to " invest in them ". Boston Mgt decided to rent out indoor Lucas Stadium when they went to Indy for practice. its not chump change to do so.  The video above is at Lucas, last day of practice there. Its the last song they played there at that practice... and inspirational for them, my guess.

Boston Crusaders then went out and delivered inspired and improved performances at Indy Championships week, especially with the important Semi Finals performance, thus retaining their continuation of Finalist qualifications, and thereby becoming one of just 3 other current DCI Corps to have successfully retained DCI Finals status since 1st attaining it ( other 3 being, BD, SCV, Phantom Reg. ).

Edited by Boss Anova

actually 2000 the growth bewteen Allentown and finals was amazing too

45 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually 2000 the growth bewteen Allentown and finals was amazing too

I didn't see Red until College Park at Prelims and like EVERYONE there was "owo! this has gotten good!"  For Semis and Finals night everyone was hype for them taking the field and they just fed off it. 

19 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

I didn't see Red until College Park at Prelims and like EVERYONE there was "owo! this has gotten good!"  For Semis and Finals night everyone was hype for them taking the field and they just fed off it. 

Yes . I recall hating those stands steps at College Park stadium ( Univ Maryland ) . Very steep, imo  . But great vantage point to watch . Boston 2000 show did develop nicely during that season . 

Edited by Boss Anova

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

For Semis and Finals night everyone was hype for them taking the field and they just fed off it. 

Especially finals.  There was a slight delay to make sure the live TV feed was ready and you could see, hear, and feel the crowds anticipation for Boston's first "shot" at a DCI finals top 5.

Edited by TOC

Yes, 2000 BAC was another legendary journey for the corps.  They had spring training that year in my town of Biddeford,  Maine, so I went over every day after work.  They didn't even have their first show until July 4th in Beverly. It was their most talented corps up to that year.