Boston Crusaders 2023

17 minutes ago, craiga said:

The national weather on NBC news tonight has a tornado watch for much of Texas, something we very seldom have to deal with here in New England.  I hope everyone gets to the school without running into this.

Yea. Its pretty bad right now. Absolutely pouring and thundering and my friends at camp are saying that staff is keeping them inside for their safety and no going to the trucks.

A few tornado warnings where I live in Texas and it might hail. Just a really bad storm, but so far Ive heard everyones arrived safely

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fighterkit said:

Yea. Its pretty bad right now. Absolutely pouring and thundering and my friends at camp are saying that staff is keeping them inside for their safety and no going to the trucks.

A few tornado warnings where I live in Texas and it might hail. Just a really bad storm, but so far Ive heard everyones arrived safely

Very very frightening 

Congratulations to Rick Woodall, one of DCI's Volunteers of the Year!!

Rick Woodall
Boston Crusaders

Rick Woodall

Rick Woodall

A volunteer member of Boston Crusaders’ board of directors and longtime manager of its touring “fleet” of vehicles, Rick Woodall has devoted more than 20 years of his life to supporting the Boston corps and its mission to provide a positive educational experience.

Referred to by Boston Crusaders COO and executive director Chris Holland as the “grandfather” of the corps’ members and staff, Woodall has made a point to know and support the many individuals who have participated in various aspects of the organization.

“He knew the name and background of every member,” Holland said. “He was a central figure and organizer for the parent volunteers. Rick’s spirit and leadership extended to the administration team and teaching staff. All who interacted with him walked away more inspired and more connected to the mission.”

Holland, who described Woodall’s nomination for Volunteer of the Year as “long overdue,” emphasized the positive attitude and influence Woodall has brought to the corps in each and every year of his involvement, even despite recent medical challenges.

“Whenever he is on campus, the members and staff flock to him for a fist bump, a hug, and usually a selfie,” Holland said.

“Rick’s ability to communicate has been impacted by his illness, but he can text and his eyes and body language are easy to read,” he added. “His love of the corps keeps him going. His love of the activity keeps him going. And make no mistake, he is still a person who brings volunteers together.”

https://www.dci.org/news/2023-dci-volunteers-of-the-year?fbclid=IwAR3zO83jXkS-b_OFes_qyYGHkXAbTEFvAGp4nlcjIAJZOOAZwsYtugrMJ-k

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wrap up from the past camp weekend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Danby510 said:

Anyone see them live this past weekend?  Any information?

I was there for ensemble last weekend. 

They sounded exceptional. Everyone cleaned up super nicely and are playing at a really high level. Frankly this is the best camp season corps I’ve ever heard from the Crusaders and leagues better than 22. 
The music is amazing. The show design is great and one that’s entertaining. I can’t wait for everyone to see it

• Like 7

I can finally talk about it publicly.

Presenting their 2023 production: White Whale

https://bostoncrusaders.org/2023/05/2023-production/

Boston Crusaders’ production of White Whale is inspired by Herman Melville’s great American Novel, Moby Dick. It offers a turbulent ocean adventure filled with gritty characters while exploring the realms of philosophy, science, history, and politics with intrigue and insight. This is the story of Captain Ahab’s self-destructive obsession with the white whale, called Moby Dick. The plot of the novel follows Ahab’s manic drive to kill the whale, even as it endangers his crew. The Boston Crusaders’ 2023 show makes a geographical connection the corps’ home in Massachusetts, while also drawing parallels to the White Whale metaphor; chasing the seemingly unattainable, at all costs.

Musical selections include:

Fantasia on a Theme By Thomas Tallis – Ralph Vaughn Williams
Out to Sea – Ryan George, Colin McNutt, Iain Moyer, Mike Zellers
The Whale – Colin McNutt, Iain Moyer, Mike Zellers
Swallowtail Jig – Traditional
The Wellerman – Traditional
Show Me the Way to Go Home – James Campbell, Reginald Connelly
Shipping Up To Boston – Dropkick Murphys
On the Waterfront – Leonard Bernstein

2023-logo_2020x1080_FINAL-1.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1